181 1234 ...
tools
    I've successfully sync'd everything...

cal
    contacts
    notes
    media

No issues what-so-ever!
    Please let us know what OS version and type of Mac if you have a good result.
    10-02-09 03:04 PM

Mac OS X 10.6.1

BB Bold .266
    10-02-09 03:07 PM
    So for those of you doing the iCal sync...do you only have one calendar? If so...that may be my issue. It won't sync multiple calendars and it won't sync subscribed calendars....
    10-02-09 03:07 PM
    I know this isn't a finding/fix but I think there is a definite possibilitythat RIM botched this release. It wouldn't be the first time a wrong file was uploaded to their site. I'm really thinking that this was either the same file as the beta software and the official version is still out there. Maybe I'm just forcing myself to think that because let's be honest, an official release is going to have some bugs the first time, but if you have 80% of people saying they are going back to the beta software (which was still somewhat buggy) then something is wrong.
    10-02-09 03:10 PM
    So for those of you doing the iCal sync...do you only have one calendar? If so...that may be my issue. It won't sync multiple calendars and it won't sync subscribed calendars....
    Yes, I only have one calendar.
    10-02-09 03:11 PM
    The hit & miss success with getting things running sounds on par with PocketMac/Missing Sync reports over the last few years.

LOL
    10-02-09 03:19 PM
    I'm running SL and when couldn't get anything to sync (now says no calendar to sync with - blah) I decided to give the Applications a try and told it to restore to preferred OS. Yes, I went from .230 to .148 through the DM and after all that still no sync working.

Is there any place other than iSync I need to enable to make it see I'm using iCal?
    10-02-09 03:22 PM
    10.6.1, Tour 4.7.1.40

I think the overarching trends I've seen so far that are creating problems are not having the beta release completely uninstalled, and having a subscription based calendar in iCal.
    10-02-09 03:25 PM
    White MacBook running 10.5.8 and a Curve running whatever the latest official OS is. When using the beta of DM everything would sync but the contacts were read only; uneditable and undeletable.

Deleted the beta and installed the official release and everything synced fine. I synced all my calendars and a selection of my contacts (no notes, no tasks) and 1 iTunes playlist.

My contacts and calendars have sync'ed just fine and I have no duplicates and the contacts are fully editable (even edited a few on the device and resync'ed and they worked fine). For both syncs I did tell the DM to override the device.

I found a glitch with the contacts. In address book if you have a phone number in the "main" category, the number will not transfer to the device. If you specify it as work or mobile or home it syncs just fine.

Regarding the iTunes sync, it works, but it it did duplicate the songs on the playlist. I just deleted the extras with no problem.

So, for me, this official release works better than the Beta and I am quite satisfied with it. Let's see how it does on subsequent syncs.
    10-02-09 03:33 PM
    I reckon mac have done this on purpose. Funny how easy the i phone syncs with it................ better dust of my dell
    10-02-09 03:45 PM
    It's exactly the same as the beta. Look at the version number. 1.0.

There is no difference between this and the beta. Your taking a placebo if you think otherwise.

Now as far as how it works, the beta worked fine on my Mac. I believe this will too since it's the same version.
    The beta I have is build .75 and the release is build .89
    Last edited by RedBank; 10-02-09 at 05:00 PM. Reason: fixed typo on builds
    10-02-09 03:51 PM
    On my 8330 Curve the sync went fine using the official release. When I was using the beta I would have problems if I had to reboot my BlackBerry. It was like it was starting over fresh and I ended up with duplicates. With the official release I sync'ed the calendar, address book and music from iTunes. I tested with a reboot of my BB and the sync still worked fine.
    10-02-09 04:00 PM
    ok people check it...there is a file that is inside the sd card when mac syncs stuff...go in there and delete it..i forgot what its called but its the only onew out of place in your directory. once that happens you can sync no problem...it happened to me with the beta version
    10-02-09 04:05 PM
    so far I've backed up and synced iCal successfully. I'm afraid to try contacts because I don't want to run into the "contact updated externally" fiasco again
    10-02-09 04:19 PM
    In response to the subscribed calendar issue, I subscribe to 2 different calendars and have 5 different additional calendars on my ICal. All synched without a problem.
    I also was using Missing Sync before and did not uninstall it prior to running the Mac Desktop software
    10-02-09 04:23 PM
    ok people check it...there is a file that is inside the sd card when mac syncs stuff...go in there and delete it..i forgot what its called but its the only onew out of place in your directory. once that happens you can sync no problem...it happened to me with the beta version
    Do you recall at least maybe what folder that file was located in?
    10-02-09 04:30 PM
    The beta I have is build 69. The release is build .75
    That's odd - I have build 89...
    10-02-09 04:33 PM
    In response to the subscribed calendar issue, I subscribe to 2 different calendars and have 5 different additional calendars on my ICal. All synched without a problem.
    I also was using Missing Sync before and did not uninstall it prior to running the Mac Desktop software
    Have you guys tested putting events on your device and syncing to iCal? I have done it several times and half of the time the events do not show up in iCal, but iSync thinks they are there (I can tell by warning messages). It is like DTM is creating an invisible calendar that it is syncing to.
    10-02-09 04:39 PM
    I have build 89 as well. Mine synced fine with my 8900 curve. No problems... yet...
    10-02-09 04:40 PM
    everything works for me on a Tour other than the calendar synch. It was working in the beta. Anyhow - I have 4 calendars and 1 subscription (5 total)

- if I synch all at once - it hangs.
    - removed subscribed calendar - no difference
    - synch only 'home' -- works fine
    - synch only 'work' -- it hangs.

So it's something in my work calendar screwing the whole thing up.
    10-02-09 04:40 PM
    Ok.. Im scared to download this now...

If it's no different to the beta, I may as well forget it...

question, can i install the official over the beta, or will i need to delete it first? and second question, does the official come with any new features, basically does it look like we can finally update firmware?
    10-02-09 04:51 PM
    That's odd - I have build 89...
    You are correct...I just edited my post (typo). Sorry bout that...
    10-02-09 04:58 PM
    How is it working with Snow Leopard? Any hiccups?
    10-02-09 05:02 PM
    Have you guys tested putting events on your device and syncing to iCal? I have done it several times and half of the time the events do not show up in iCal, but iSync thinks they are there (I can tell by warning messages). It is like DTM is creating an invisible calendar that it is syncing to.
    Yes, I've tested adding/deleting events from both iCal and my device and both work just fine.
    10-02-09 05:02 PM
    What? Can you be any more specific?
    10-02-09 05:03 PM
181 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD