12-01-09 06:34 PM
181 123 ...
tools
    I completely removed the beta version some time back and installed the new official release today and lost all my contacts and seem to get the same errors many others had with the beta.

I'm not all that happy.

What is everyone else finding?
    10-02-09 11:57 AM
    As if the sync'n problem wasn't a deal spoiler, I just tried to un-install the application and of course that now has errors.

Time to boot up the old Windows computer once again.
    10-02-09 12:06 PM
    Does anybody know if DM for Mac will supports syncing through Bluetooth?
    10-02-09 12:09 PM
    I can't see that it supports ANY syncing...at least it has not worked for me. The beta worked better...go figure?
    10-02-09 12:13 PM
    It won't recognize my Curve! I can mount the memory card, but still BBDM doesn't see my blackberry, very annoying!
    10-02-09 12:25 PM
    I have no idea if I'm syncing correctly or not. It has been stuck on syncing address book for half an hour. This is EXACTLY what would happen with PocketMac back when I used it. I'm trying to hold out and see if it eventually completes, but I have serious doubts.
    10-02-09 12:26 PM
    It doesn't recognize my 7130e, and neither did the Beta... so nothing's changed there.
    10-02-09 12:26 PM
    45 minutes and counting on my initial sync. I guess I am going to have to hit cancel as the iSync spinning thing isn't even churning anymore.

Back to Missing Sync, and I'm not spending any money on new RIM products until this gets working. Utter junk.

ETA: Canceling doesn't even work. What complete crap.
    Last edited by SaraBear; 10-02-09 at 12:42 PM.
    10-02-09 12:39 PM
    Beta was better... Had to delete it off my MBA, and re-install it after the sync with my calendars crashed.

sux.
    10-02-09 12:46 PM
    horrible issues... Beta was better.

More talk going on here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/any...ac-yet-328358/

Why doesn't this work like its supposed to?
    10-02-09 12:47 PM
    this sucks... i will surely stay with missing syn, which works like a charm....

d
    10-02-09 12:59 PM
    I'd held off on missing sync for this one. I've been trying to sync portions of my iTunes..specifically a few playlists. No matter how few or many I choose, it seems intent on doing it's own thing. I finally removed every playlist I had and made a single playlist with 12 tunes. Specifically selected only that one playlist. For some reason, DM put over 200 songs on my device. Don't get it. Same issues with the beta. Guess they didn't give a damn or simply don't have the ability to work with the Mac/iTunes platform? Ah well....app zapper, cleanup and then install missing sync. Screw this.
    10-02-09 01:57 PM
    Mine worked fine....??
    10-02-09 01:57 PM
    Hey... I have a storm, the sync worked fine...
    The only problem is that it won't recognize that I have a media card inserted to sync music. Anyone else having this problem/found a solution?
    10-02-09 02:13 PM
    It's exactly the same as the beta. Look at the version number. 1.0.

There is no difference between this and the beta. Your taking a placebo if you think otherwise.

Now as far as how it works, the beta worked fine on my Mac. I believe this will too since it's the same version.
    10-02-09 02:20 PM
    Yup, my iCal sync worked just fine. It's so nice to finally be able to sync directly to iCal w/o having to go through google sync! iTunes playlist sync and contacts sync worked as well.
    10-02-09 02:23 PM
    Yup, my iCal sync worked just fine. It's so nice to finally be able to sync directly to iCal w/o having to go through google sync! iTunes playlist sync and contacts sync worked as well.
    So if you don't mind can you tell us exactly what options are checked, what "calendar" do you pick for the blackberry, etc...do tell.
    10-02-09 02:25 PM
    Hmmm.. if there is no added functionality between this and the leaked beta, I'm sticking with beta. I've had no probs with it.

Ah well.... I suppose it'll be stable by Xmas.
    10-02-09 02:26 PM
    Working smoothly on my Mac
    10-02-09 02:28 PM
    Hey... I have a storm, the sync worked fine...
    The only problem is that it won't recognize that I have a media card inserted to sync music. Anyone else having this problem/found a solution?
    I have a Curve and its giving me the same issue. All other syncing went fine except for media.
    10-02-09 02:35 PM
    I am also getting this message when trying to ADD/REMOVE apps.
    10-02-09 02:37 PM
    Ok, so I had a failed sync a second ago on Snow Leopard with my Tour "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model." and after some trial and error I got everything to work smoothly...here's what I did.

Uninstall official version using their uninstaller
    Go back through finder and Delete EVERYTHING (yes, even the folder in Documents with your backups, or save them somewhere else)
    Repair permissions
    Reboot
    Install official client again
    Repair permissions
    Reboot
    Reboot DEVICE
    Run official client and sync

Calendar and contacts successfully synced...not really using iTunes, but I'll try it later to confirm.
    10-02-09 02:41 PM
    So if you don't mind can you tell us exactly what options are checked, what "calendar" do you pick for the blackberry, etc...do tell.
    Sure thing, Statman. One caveat: Even though I've been a BB user for going on 8 years now, this is the first time my device isn't on a BES with a huge IT department supporting me. Therefore, this is the first time I've really had an opportunity to use DM software for my device.

That said, here are the settings on my BB DM:

Calendar:
    Sync: Selected Calendars (Home Calendar Only)
    Add events created on BlackBerry device to: Home
    Advanced Settings: Sync: All Events

Contacts:
    Sync: All contacts and groups

Music:
    Sync Music: Selected Playlists

I of course deleted all existing versions of the following from my Mac using CleanApp before installing the official DM for Mac: PocketMac, Dm for Mac Beta, Media Sync (I never installed MissingSync).

What other settings info would you like me to check on for ya?

Edit: Probably worth noting that I'm running 10.5.8 on a MacBook Pro and I'm still running 4.7.1.40 on my Berry.

One problem I AM having: I can't delete the East Asian Characters and Font Support through Applications. When I attempt to remove, I get the following error: "Validation failed because a module marked for add (net_rim_platform_resource__pt) is not available on local disk"

Anyone have any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by CafeRacer808; 10-02-09 at 02:57 PM.
    10-02-09 02:49 PM
    I've successfully sync'd everything...

cal
    contacts
    notes
    media

No issues what-so-ever!
    10-02-09 02:54 PM
    Mine worked fine....??
    +1. I'm using a Storm on .230 and Snow Leopard. Everything went off without a hiccup, except some calendar entries were doubled but that's only because I use Google Sync and had some of the same entries differently on google cal and ical. Otherwise, music and contacts went off without a hitch.
    10-02-09 03:01 PM
181 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD