Good Day,
    I want to install the new Telus Official handheld software (4.7.0.122) on my blackberry storm 9530 throught MAC DM. How do i do that. I downloaded the file from blackberry website but it is .exe. I think i need a .dmg file. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ali
    10-05-09 07:57 PM
    I have read where two people claim to install "other" OSs through Mac DM....neither of them have provided any detail when I asked how...LOL

I still install my hybrid OSs via windows DM
    10-05-09 08:32 PM
    If .122 is the "official" from Telus, then they need to get on the ball. Verizon and Bell are up to .148 and iusacell (mexico) is up to .151 *which I have on my Storm*.

What is your current OS?
    10-05-09 09:57 PM
    Just go to look for updates or Restore or something. It tells you the official releases available for your provider. I just updated my girlfriends Pearl through the Mac DM yesterday. I can't remember exactly how (I'll edit the instructions into this post later on), but I'm 90% sure it was look for available updates.
    10-06-09 12:11 AM
    yeah but look through updates only provide me with one OS 4.7.0.76 which is the original one not 4.7.0.122 which was the updates one from Telus.

By the way i have .148 i have tried all even 5.0.0.230 also.........i just wanna get some info about Mac DM.
    10-06-09 01:27 AM
    Oh. Haven't tried my Storm yet (Get my new Macbook tomorrow!!! ) as my girlfriend's laptop is only Panther and can't use DM. But the Pearl one was up-to-current OS.

My only other suggestion is Wireless Update in your Options.
    10-06-09 03:22 AM
    10-06-09 09:49 AM
    there is no such folder as device applications.........i have checked my whole mac's directory....please be more helpful....thanks
    10-06-09 12:43 PM
    there is no such folder as device applications.........i have checked my whole mac's directory....please be more helpful....thanks
    go to:

user>Library>Application Support>BlackBerryDesktop> and there is the folder
    see attached
    10-06-09 01:12 PM
    I'm in your boat, Ali. No such folder for me. Maybe you have to run an update first for the folder to be created? All I have done is remove an application, but all of the language packs and other standard RIM apps that are not on my phone (like TTY support, help, and so forth) are listed, so I'm guessing they have to be hanging out on my Mac somewhere. :?
    10-06-09 02:19 PM
    statman......i have the everything you showed me in the diagram excep the device app folder.......how did you get it.....my DM is working fine....
    10-08-09 11:22 AM
    statman......i have the everything you showed me in the diagram excep the device app folder.......how did you get it.....my DM is working fine....
    The original poster and I think that it is created when you download an OS from DM. Have you done that? I see no harm in creating it yourself and then placing the hybrid OS in there.
    10-08-09 12:02 PM
    Again I say, why don't you just do Wireless Update? Problem solved. Newest official OS sitting right in your options.
    10-08-09 04:38 PM
    just finished my telus storm update on a PC. not the MAC that I have!

wireless update from the STORM did not update from 4.7.0.76(it said none available) to the current telus 4.7.0.122 that I finally got from the PC.

DM is only one way sync -mac to STORM(pocket MAC i thought had two way since) so anything you add to the storm is deleted by DM and is replaced with the MAC content.

DM on the mac showed no updates available -using "update device software" it does not even show system software until you click "install/remove.." and it never shows 4.7.0.122. I did not find anyplace on telus or blackberry to download the MAC "device software"
    Telus I called and was told they do not in anyway support the MAC. How this will work when the release the IPHONE for telus I do not know.

So out to find a PC. the pc you go to the telus web site read the "instructions to upgrade" this page is out of date the DM version is 5 not 4.7 and the instructions are confusing for the STORM. Step 4 has you looking down for instructions for DM- NOT THERE. One page for only the STORM-fix the page telus.

The steps are use the telus site or the Blackberry site( they ask for the Telus pin so you get the correct software)

Download the DM (at the top of the menu list from telus-"blackberry desktop soft V5 ) install the software but do not start DM,
    then download the "-BB storm9530 smart-phone" in the middle of the previous menu list. Click on the download to unzip it, it may ask you to connect the STORM, this again is confusing, I canceled this step, started the DM and it asked to connect the STORM and it loaded all the updates in half and hour and it worked.

Blackberry says call Telus for any problems

Telus says they do not support anything apple, except to say use the DM for mac but it does not work to upgrade the OS, but try the PC wireless store they say.

the store has no one that did it on the mac and they point you to web sites that are not there because they do not know and have not done it on a MAC

What a lesson -if you have a MAC buy the IPHONE from rodgers or telus in 2 months they will carry IPHONES, telus is now dumping the STORM($99)to get rid of inventory for the STORM2 out in a few months.

Very poor MAC service telus and blackberry
    10-08-09 11:59 PM
    guys need help please..Wanna update the hand held software on my Telus Storm through Mac DM. How do i do that?
    11-04-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD