Hi folks,

I just bought my 8520 last friday, but I now get the "Restore Software: 552" error message.

What have I been doing before? I installed the CB launcher (wouldn't start due an "insufficient memory" message - or something like that). And deinstalled the BBM - the Icon was not showing up anywhere (it wasn't hidden either).

Free space was 26 MB on the phone and about 50 MB on the card, so this shouldn't have been an issue.

After the uninstall and the restart I got the white screen.

Now, I have a MB Pro with the Mac Desktop Manager and as well the MacOS as the DM are the newest available versions.

However I can't find an option to restore the OS. I can remember reading that the Blackberry Desktop Manager should be able to do those things, I cannot find any options about that however.

Now if this is not possible it won't be a dealbreaker, I have a Windows machine in the office, but I (and my boss) would sure prefer me doing this on my own time and on my own machine.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by tyroleanarcher; 01-24-10 at 11:25 AM.
    01-24-10 11:21 AM
    hi...

I'm Macbook Black user and also had this problem before...been lookin the net to find some answers...got one here on crackberry forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...ry-mac-336488/

the problem is:
    been thru step 1 till 4, but on a step 5 i never get thru...dont know why

the solution :
    after giving up tryin to restore BB on a mac, i went to Cellular shop, and had it upgrade using a PC, cost me around US$12, but in my country currency

but if you like to try the tutorials above, go for it...if you succeed please share it...i really want to learn it
    01-24-10 10:11 PM
    Thanks very much... did it using the Work PC in the meanwhile, though... ;-) But good to know for the future.
    01-26-10 04:13 PM
    Hi folks,

I just bought my 8520 last friday, but I now get the "Restore Software: 552" error message.

What have I been doing before? I installed the CB launcher (wouldn't start due an "insufficient memory" message - or something like that). And deinstalled the BBM - the Icon was not showing up anywhere (it wasn't hidden either).

Free space was 26 MB on the phone and about 50 MB on the card, so this shouldn't have been an issue.

After the uninstall and the restart I got the white screen.

Now, I have a MB Pro with the Mac Desktop Manager and as well the MacOS as the DM are the newest available versions.

However I can't find an option to restore the OS. I can remember reading that the Blackberry Desktop Manager should be able to do those things, I cannot find any options about that however.

Now if this is not possible it won't be a dealbreaker, I have a Windows machine in the office, but I (and my boss) would sure prefer me doing this on my own time and on my own machine.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    You only have 20MB free on a phone with 256MB of memory, WOW, what all do you have loaded. I just looked at mine and it has 129MB free.
    01-26-10 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD