I just bought a storm 9530 a few days ago...and I'm trying to connect it with my MacBook Pro but I'm having a few problems.

First of all, I'm running v4.7.0.148 and I read somewhere else that it's not the latest? I don't know how to upgrade...

So I tried connecting it to my mac, made sure the mass storage mode support is on, and the icons come up on my computer to show me that its connecting and I can see what I have on them. BUT...

I had downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Manager for mac from blackberry.com, and nothing is happening. It still says "To begin, connect your device...."

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?
    ANY help is MUCH appreciated!!
    10-25-09 07:02 PM
    I just bought a storm 9530 a few days ago...and I'm trying to connect it with my MacBook Pro but I'm having a few problems.

First of all, I'm running v4.7.0.148 and I read somewhere else that it's not the latest? I don't know how to upgrade...

So I tried connecting it to my mac, made sure the mass storage mode support is on, and the icons come up on my computer to show me that its connecting and I can see what I have on them. BUT...

I had downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Manager for mac from blackberry.com, and nothing is happening. It still says "To begin, connect your device...."

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?
    ANY help is MUCH appreciated!!
    .148 is the latest OFFICIAL software update...until 10pm EST or tomorrow (10/26) depending on what you read and tend to believe.

Are you plugging in your BB to the computer via the USB and the DM pops up and gives you that message?

I d/l 'ed DM for the Mac and it worked just fine on my MBP and I have a Storm too.
    10-25-09 08:48 PM
    Works fine for my mac... Weird.

One thing i truly don't like about the mac/storm relationship is that you cant use anything leaked.
    10-25-09 08:53 PM
    workin fine for me on my mac!
    10-25-09 09:17 PM
    Error messages for me...
    10-25-09 09:44 PM
    Got it!! This is Sweet
    10-25-09 10:09 PM
    I connected my bb through the USB, and the DM doesn't pop up at all. The only thing that happens is the bb shows the clock, and the blackberry and media card icon appear on my desktop to show it IS connected.

I manually opened DM, but it doesn't seem to read it.

Not sure why it isn't working still?
    10-25-09 11:07 PM
    It's working!!

For anyone else having this issue...after I installed, I had to restart my computer. I don't usually have to do this with new programs, but it's what got this one to work.

Thanks everyone!
    10-25-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD