Hi, I am having an absolute nightmare with ical and DM Mac at the moment.

I have disabled iCloud, all my calendars are 'On My Mac' but I still cannot get any writable calendars. They're just not there to sync.

I am using DM MAc 2.3.1 (B5) and OSX Lion latest software updated

Bold 9900

I really do not want to have to use google as I have my multiple calendars set-up, this is a nightmare!

Any help would be much appreciated, since my 28th birthday I swear I am forgetting more things, I need my calendar now before I miss more trains

Kev
    Last edited by Rowe6; 07-11-12 at 02:12 PM.
    07-11-12 01:48 PM
    I get the same thing...I notice this is a few months old...any news?
    09-27-12 07:31 AM
    UPDATE:
    I have started using Missing Sync and so far it's working for me...fingers crossed.
    Here are the instructions I read that finally made sense to "create a writable calendar"
    Writable Calendar in iCal:
    1. In iCal create a new calendar from the file menu, choosing the 'on my mac' option. Call it what you like, but you need this calendar 'on your mac' for the BB Desktop Software to write events created on the phone into.(I called mine "BBCal")

2. Lo and behold, the Desktop Software with phone connected then shows all the calendars as 'read only' options. Fine. Tick the boxes you need to choose what calendars you want to sync, and don't forget to tick the new Calendar you just created. It'll work. It did for me. All my Calendars are now showing again on my phone.

I followed these (even read them out loud as I was doing them) and it worked.
    So far I have successfully synced iCal and my contacts with no duplicates. The sync works on Bluetooth and I was trying to figure out the Bluetooth passkey number (it will ask...I used 0000. It can be any number.....most people use 0000)
    So these are my tips...and what I found out so far.
    I know us Mac people have a hard time with having a BB and a Mac so Im trying to share any info I get and try. Trust me...I was jumping up and down when this actually worked last night.
    Oh and Missing Sync was like 29 bucks.
    Hope this helps.
    Even if you dont want Missing sync...try the above instructions for creating a writable calendar for your DM.
    10-01-12 03:34 PM
    I dont know why but somehow Im not able to create a writeable calendar....

Even when I create a new calendar, i can just choose a local one. DM still says create a new cal with writing rights....
    10-19-12 12:50 PM
    ***update: I did it
    10-20-12 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD