Just got my copy of Office 2011 and still can't sync with my MAC...I have a Blackberry 9650 with OS6? Any clues....
    10-08-10 03:43 PM
    Don't use Office for Mac 2011 until RIM update their software?

I'm sticking with Office 2008 until then. I use Google to sync my calendar via Sync Services with iCal. That's not even an option in Outlook 2011.

-- Robert.
    10-08-10 05:37 PM
    So Outlook 2011 doesn't sync at all? This is about more than iCal, this includes all of Outlook's capabilities? Wow. I was better off making do with PocketPC.
    10-09-10 04:28 AM
    RIM's Desktop Manager for Mac syncs with iCal and the Address Book and relies on Sync Services to sync with Entourage.

Hopefully when DM for Mac is updated it syncs directly with Outlook 2011. Microsoft said the first version of Outlook 2011 focussed on Exchange. Updates would bring more features and sync options including CALDAV, etc.
    10-09-10 05:33 PM
    I think I tried that and got duplicates. How do you avoid that?

Don't use Office for Mac 2011 until RIM update their software?

I'm sticking with Office 2008 until then. I use Google to sync my calendar via Sync Services with iCal. That's not even an option in Outlook 2011.

-- Robert.
    10-09-10 08:23 PM
    For wireless calendar sync I use:

BlackBerry Calendar <-> BIS 3.2 <-> Google <-> BusySync ($49) <-> iCal <-> Sync Services <-> Entourage 2008 Calendar

Similar for Contacts:

BlackBerry Contacts <-> BIS 3.2 <-> Google <-> Address Book <-> Sync Services <-> Entourage 2008
    10-09-10 10:54 PM
    I'm new to the Mac world, but I think I finally got my BB 9650 to sync with Outlook 2011. I downloaded the Mac version of DM and activated iSync. Once I activated iSync, it appears that the Outlook 2011 and my 9650 are syncing.

I like the PC-version of DM much better and have Windows 7 installed on my iMac via Parallels. I tried downloading the PC-version of the DM and run my sync through that, but it's not allowing me to sync with Outlook, it's not one of the choices in the drop-down menu for syncing. From what I read in an earlier post, Outlook 2011 is the culprit and hopefully this issue will be fixed with future updates.

For now, try activating iSync and see if that works for you. It works for me, although as someone else said, it only allows no syncing or 2-way syncing.

Good luck!
    12-03-10 11:16 PM
    Once I activated iSync, it appears that the Outlook 2011 and my 9650 are syncing.
    So you can sync Calendar, Address Book, Tasks and Memos? I thought Microsoft only supported iSync with the Address Book in Outlook 2011:

KB24730-Unable to synchronize Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Calendar, Notes, and Tasks using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer
    12-07-10 02:25 PM
    So you can sync Calendar, Address Book, Tasks and Memos? I thought Microsoft only supported iSync with the Address Book in Outlook 2011:

KB24730-Unable to synchronize Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Calendar, Notes, and Tasks using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer
    It seemed to work---once. I haven't been able to sync my BB 9650 calendar with Outlook 2011 for Mac since that one time. I am definitely not happy about this!
    12-09-10 03:15 PM
    I wish I knew that I was going to not be able to sync Outlook 2011 with iCal and my phone before I purchased. Oh well looks like I will have to wait now until 2011.

Jeffrey Austin White
    12-13-10 05:04 PM
    I threw in the towel and loaded Outlook 2003 onto the Win7 partition of my iMac. I have Parallels, but I had MS Office Ultimate installed on the Mac side. In hindsight, I guess that was a mistake because I depend on syncing my BB with Outlook (BIS, not Exchange) on a daily basis.

Fortunately, I still had my old disk of MS Office 2003, which I wasn't running anymore so I didn't have to go out and purchase anything.

I wish MS Office had made it more easily known that Outlook wasn't quite "finished" yet (admitted by MS employee) so consumers could make an informed decision about software purchases. Looking at other Mac forums, it's clear that many people had this same Outlook "surprise" and are not happy.

FWIW, MS claims that an Outlook patch is being developed that will fix this problem, but I'm not holding my breath.
    12-13-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD