View Poll Results: How do you upgrade/backup your berry on your mac?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • VMware/DM

13 22.41%
  • Parrelles/DM

3 5.17%
  • Bootcamp/DM

12 20.69%
  • Pocketmac

11 18.97%
  • Missing sync

13 22.41%
  • Google sync

14 24.14%
  • I dont/wait for OTA upgrade.

8 13.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
06-21-09 10:53 PM
27 12
tools
    I know that this subject has been beaten to death many many times.... but... why? Its honestly not that hard to program programs for a mac. When i bought my macbook pro a few years ago, I was worried about compatibility issues with my devices. I never had a problem with any of my peripherals working at all. I bought one for college, being a video production major. I do not understand why there has not been one yet. Blackberrys are growing so large and getting into the personal use markets rather than the professional level, where they stayed since the beginning. Any person in marketing would have had a lightbulb go off in their head thinking we need a OSX desktop manager. When I went to verizon I asked if I would have any problems syncing with my mac and they said no. My experiences syncing have been worse than hiding a bon er in sweatpants. Pocketmac sucks and Missing Sync is not worth the money. Google sync works, but its still such a annoyance and having to walk around going through different outlets that should be a simple process. If I knew there would be so much trouble for this, i probably would not have sprung for it. I think I may be over reacting, but theses arent cheap phones, and I paid a lot of money for it. I dont want an Iphone, blackberrys are known for quality and an ease of use and something so miniscule not having having an OSX DM to change my view on them sucks, but I cant help it. I dont want an Iphone, I love my berry, but i want the ease of use that i was expecting from it. I was excited when they hired that guy who worked on the Iphone GUI and apples operating systems, I expect there would be more than a "Media Manager" for us to use. thats my rant.
    Last edited by emerican78; 05-14-09 at 08:58 AM.
    05-14-09 08:55 AM
    Macs come with bootcamp. If you're that concerned about it, pirate a copy of XP and dual boot like the rest of us. Sorry for brutality, but as you stated, the subject has been beaten to death.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 10:26 AM
    i know. it was just a rant. it works out to backup and upgrade fully. i was wondering if anyone had other opitions/opinions on it.
    05-14-09 01:26 PM
    Get an iphone that is the phone you really want... for me all bb's are dumb phones since there is no OS X support. For me.. my computer OS trumps/means more than any cell phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 01:37 AM
    I just wish RIM would make an DM for us macbook users! Because I LOVE my BB and I LOVE my macbook! No iphones here!
    05-15-09 10:37 AM
    just dumped my iphone for a Storm, since ATT network just sucks big time in chicago land..I am an all mac house as well, and am using missing sync to "sync", but am a bit disappointed to have to wait for an OTA firmware update..
    No dual booting here, because I hate the thought of putting wincrap on my mac, just so I can upgrade the firmware on my cell phone..
    SHAME on RIM for having such a lame "Desktop Manager" for Mac users...This is 2009, NOT 1999, so WAKE UP RIM!!!!
    05-15-09 10:36 PM
    I'm an all Mac household here as well and no RIM support isn't the most exciting thing ever, but I just use XP via Bootcamp on my iMac. It's not the best solution ever, but it works.
    05-15-09 10:39 PM
    (Wild * Guess)Apple will let out a CDMA/LTE iPhone before RIM lets out a Mac Desktop Manager. (/WAG)
    05-16-09 02:05 PM
    My BlackBerry is the only reason I still have VMware on my Mac.
    05-17-09 01:48 AM
    VMWare Fusion FTW!
    05-17-09 12:00 PM
    (Wild * Guess)Apple will let out a CDMA/LTE iPhone before RIM lets out a Mac Desktop Manager. (/WAG)
    winnar!!!!!!!
    05-19-09 04:02 PM
    winnar!!!!!!!
    The SECOND iPhone hits VZW, I'm SO out of here....

Storm 2 will hit before a official OS update...
    I have a feeling we gonna get the new OS when the Storm 2 comes out.

NO LOVE from RIM.
    On SO many Lvls...

Funny thing is I <3 my Storm.
    05-19-09 08:41 PM
    Apple is closing the gap every year on RIM. with Enterprise users right in Apple's sights.

(HINT Apple will have an entire lineup of phones in the future.. sooner than we all think...)

at which time.. RIM will still have no DM for OS X. LOL
    05-20-09 04:46 PM
    I am holding onto my old PC for OS upgrades. I didn't have luck with parallels, I'd get error messages and i didn't try to figure out why,
    I'll just hope and pray for DM for Mac someday
    05-30-09 07:10 PM
    You forgot the option of borrowing a poor friends PC to upgrade!!

Works great, and there is nothing left on your hard drive haha... But i'm about to go update to 10.5 so I can use bootcamp...
    06-02-09 03:46 PM
    I don't care what anyone says, BB for ever and I honestly think that is the problem. RIM knows that us mac users will continue to find ways around this issue and will for whatever asinine reasons continue to delay the development/roll out of a mac version of DM.
    06-06-09 04:08 PM
    With all the rumors and hints from RIM customer service reps and PocketMac support, a proper syncing solution from RIM for Mac has to be coming out sometime before too long. I wonder if they are waiting for Snow Leopard?
    06-06-09 07:58 PM
    good thing i have an old PC laptop laying around i guess. will be getting a blackberry here shortly! didn't realize it was a pain in the *** to sync on a mac, blah.
    06-07-09 10:06 AM
    pocketmac and paralellsdm work great for me on my macbook

although i am curious how an iphone on vzw would be, im not sure if it would take me away from bb

even though 
    06-08-09 10:00 PM
    VMware for upgrades. Google for sync.
    06-15-09 08:16 PM
    I cant get pocket mac to even open after i download it to my mac 10.5.7

i click on on it and it just gets me the spinning colored wheel..
    06-16-09 06:03 AM
    I cant get pocket mac to even open after i download it to my mac 10.5.7

i click on on it and it just gets me the spinning colored wheel..
    Ditto... I'm on one of the new MBP's... just a spinning wheel
    06-16-09 02:51 PM
    when will rim recognize that mac users use berries also and not iphones.
    06-21-09 04:47 PM
    VMWare for Firmware & The Missing Sync for everything else
    06-21-09 07:41 PM
    i wish i could upgrade the OS with vm.. then this setup would be perfect =(
    06-21-09 08:02 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD