Anyone heard any new news on a Desktop Manager for mac? Sync to my storm is the only thing that isn't flawless, beautiful and easy on my MBP.
    03-30-09 11:35 AM
    No need to bother searching macupdate. DM for mac is vaporware. No. Wait. Make that rumorware. It was rumored to be arriving before now but has never been seen in the wild. If it ever arrives I will be amazed.
    04-01-09 12:32 PM
    RIM reps at the CES in January told me first half of 2009. They have 3 months left. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not getting an iPhone either.
    04-01-09 10:46 PM
    If RIM would make a DM for Mac then I would stay with Blackberry. It is very sad that I will go get an Iphone by Aug. if there is no DM for Mac.

I want to get an Iphone, but I don't!
    Its a lose lose situation.
    04-02-09 07:45 AM
    Use MissingSync for Blackberry (Mark/Space). Flawless syncing, even over bluetooth. Been using it for a few years now and love it. Keeps call and SMS logs, too.
    04-02-09 10:47 AM
    I heard somewhere, and don't quote me, that they are coming out with a new version for a mac that is supposed to be a DM style program. I heard that they were beta testing it and hope to release it soon. It is supposed to be DM5 mac or something like that..... hope they come out with it soon..... actually now I think of it, I saw it on BB.com somewhere from a person that actually works at RIM.....
    04-02-09 01:41 PM
    Is MissingSync able to perform backups and updates to leaked OS?
    04-02-09 03:31 PM
    Is MissingSync able to perform backups and updates to leaked OS?
    Yes and no. You can backup your call logs and sms messages but that's about it. And you won't be able to update your Blackberry OS...unfortunately.
    04-02-09 07:33 PM
    RIM reps at the CES in January told me first half of 2009. They have 3 months left. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not getting an iPhone either.
    WES is in May, and I wouldn't be surprised if RIM announces a shipping version (or at the very least a preview a la Media Sync) there.

Oh, and there's a breadcrumb trail...
    • PocketMac is no longer supported by the manufacturer (you have to go through RIM for bare-bones support)
    • Media Sync for Mac disables PocketMac and Missing Sync unless you uninstall it (I wonder why...)
    04-05-09 01:07 PM
    I agree with the OP. Lack of a Mac DM is the only thing that makes me want an Iphone. I've had nothing but problems with Missing Sync and Pocket Mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 03:32 PM
    I agree as well. It's a pain to run Fusion and Windoze just to be able to backup my BB and install new OS updates. I love my 8830, but the lack of Mac software is appalling! If RIM wants to compete with the iPhone (or take more market share away from Apple), then they should have a Mac version of Desktop Manager.
    PocketMac is such a poor substitute, and Missing Sync seems reliable, but limited...
    04-06-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD