Bought wife a new Tour. First smartphone. I downloaded the desktop manager and I think that went smoothly. What we were trying to do was find a calendar on the desktop but it seems the only thing we can find is the sync feature. is there a calendar program included with the download?? I figured if there is a 2 way sync, there has to be a calendar somewhere??

I would most likely input the home stuff while she would have a work calendar going etc. Any guidance/advise/assistance would be greatly appreciated. Our marriage is riding with you guys!!
    01-07-10 10:57 AM
    Are you talking about your mac? If so, its ical. When you open the DM it will give you the option to sync with ical. You can chose what calendars to sync.

However, they will not show up on your BB as different calendars like they do in ical. It will take the events from ical to your BB and import them to the BB calendar.

On the ical you can set it up to have different calendars though by color. ie. home, family, work, your work, etc.
    01-07-10 02:27 PM
    Thanks. That makes sense. I just assumed Blackberry had it's own proprietary calendar program. Guess not. Thanks again.
    01-07-10 10:50 PM
    Steps:
    1) open ical and go to "file" create "new" calendar.
    2) Create how ever many calendars you want. And name them, you can even color code them.
    3) When you connect your BB to DM, the DM will open and you can go to the left side of the screen and click on "calendars" on the DM.
    4) when you open the "calendars" option you will see all the names of the calendars you have created.
    5) Choose to sycn "all" or "sync the ones selected below". You will see the list of calendars you created.

Keep in mind that the BB will only display the multiple ical calendars as one merged. So, the color coding in ical will only appear in ical and not on your BB.
    01-08-10 09:07 AM
    Thank you!!!
    01-08-10 10:32 AM
    Thank you!!!
    no problem!!

Let me know how it goes and if you need more help. I know what its like to be new to both and struggle to understand.

So, is this your first mac?
    01-08-10 11:18 AM
    No. I've had the mac for a few years but I don't use the calendar feature. My wife is moving from a Palm devise to the Blackberry. With the Palm, you sync the Palm calendar with the old pc. I just assumed the BB worked the same way.

There is quite the learning curve as this devise is new to both of us. Trust me, if I have more questions you can bet I will post them! Have a good one.
    01-08-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD