I am a total Mac man considering a Blackberry to access my imap work mail.
    Which phone should I look at or am I crazy to get a Blackberry?
    Our company uses Verizon so the iPhone is out of the question.
    HELP!
    09-30-09 07:36 AM
    Integrating your e-mail to your BB is fairly straightforward regardless if your a Mac or PC guy. RIM is getting ready to drop the Desktop Manager for Mac in a couple days, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the e-mail. You shouldn't have any problem with a BB! I would probably go with the Tour because it's the newest device out, and I'm not much for touchscreens. Enjoy!
    09-30-09 07:40 AM
    If you do like touch screens maybe you could wait until november when the S2 is rumored to come out.

Also check out: The Mac section of the Forums
    09-30-09 07:43 AM
    Fantastic!
    I am NOT a fan of the touch screen even though it makes a larger viewing surface. I say this from my usage of the LG Touch. Every time I want to use the phone I open up the clamshell and work from the real keyboard as it is easier and quicker.
    It would be cool if BB made a full size keyboard that flip's open to display the screen.
    Thanks for the fast responses.
    09-30-09 08:25 AM
    Fantastic!
    I am NOT a fan of the touch screen even though it makes a larger viewing surface. I say this from my usage of the LG Touch. Every time I want to use the phone I open up the clamshell and work from the real keyboard as it is easier and quicker.
    It would be cool if BB made a full size keyboard that flip's open to display the screen.
    Thanks for the fast responses.
    I have a company phone with a pullout hardware keyboard, but my Storm is way faster and more joy to work with. It is a case of a couple of days to get used to the way a blackberry is designed, but from then on one appreciates all the little perfect details. Even with the one or other issue the Storm is a very convenient gadget. You cannot compare it to this LG and Samsung tr...h.
    It is up to You but the Storm has the better display...
    09-30-09 03:25 PM
    How do you transfer photos from the MAC to iphone? I plug the iphone in and I don't see a disc drive, i open iphoto and no option to copy pics to the iphone
    09-30-09 04:13 PM
    I have a company phone with a pullout hardware keyboard, but my Storm is way faster and more joy to work with. It is a case of a couple of days to get used to the way a blackberry is designed, but from then on one appreciates all the little perfect details. Even with the one or other issue the Storm is a very convenient gadget. You cannot compare it to this LG and Samsung tr...h.
    It is up to You but the Storm has the better display...
    OK, then I should look at the Storm or maybe wait for the new one?
    10-01-09 08:20 AM
    OK, then I should look at the Storm or maybe wait for the new one?
    I say go to VZW and check out the first storm...if you like it then I would also say wait for the second generation storm to come out. It's going to be so much better.
    10-01-09 08:37 AM
    i second what Thinkamp says, wait for the second one. There's nothing better than email with a blackberry and you will see that.
    10-01-09 08:43 AM
    Second one, I agree. Have some friends with the original Storm and they tell me it has some problems that the new one will correct.
    10-01-09 09:13 AM
    i second what Thinkamp says, wait for the second one. There's nothing better than email with a blackberry and you will see that.
    Ditto. I've a tour and an ipod touch, and there's no comparison when it comes to writing emails.
    10-01-09 09:18 AM
    How do you transfer photos from the MAC to iphone? I plug the iphone in and I don't see a disc drive, i open iphoto and no option to copy pics to the iphone
    iTunes. Yes, iTunes.

Or FileMagnet App.

Or AirSharing App.
    10-01-09 09:35 PM
    To the OP, I LOVE MY STORM! The newer software builds have addressed a lot of the glitches that the phone had on release.

Since putting a 16GB MicroSD in her, I don't need or use my iPodTouch any more.
    10-01-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD