Hey I have had my Blackberry Pearl 8130 for about a month now and am now interested in syncing it with my Mac.... Well tried to set up the software and go figure its not Mac friendly QQ. Just browsing im seeing all this stuff on Packet Mac exc. What is it? is it free? how do i get it. AND HOW DO I GET RINGTONES ON MY PHONE!!!
    04-09-08 10:08 PM
    also i dont want to void my warranty with any wierd software if possible...
    04-09-08 10:09 PM
    PocketMac is free and you can download it from their site. It allows you to sync stuff like iCal, Address Book, Notes, Tasks, and install apps. It doesn't let you load songs though. If you can, get a microSD card and load songs onto there manually and play them off of there.

Since you have a Mac, you can use GarageBand to create your own ringtones as MP3s and put them onto your Pearl that way.

I just got my Curve so I'm still figuring it out.

Also, the BlackBerry is not like the iPhone and you can download your own apps and such.
    04-09-08 10:35 PM
    Welcome Newbie!!!
    04-09-08 10:37 PM
    PocketMac is free...google it ull find it it.

Its OKAY for a basic sync...ringtones? You can use any song you want just set your phone to be be used as a disc drive.
    04-09-08 11:42 PM
    PocketMac is also approved by RIM, so it won't void your warranty.

As for ringtones, I have a microSD card and I use a card reader and drag/drop the ringtones to my microSD. I pop it back into the BB, and voila! Ringtones!
    04-10-08 02:19 AM
    how can i get my hands on a free copy of ilife 05???
    04-16-08 02:46 PM
    You can also used the website Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker for ringtones. I am also a Mac user and I use this website for ringtones. It's pretty simple.
    04-16-08 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD