Any thing i need to know? so far no problems, looking to get movies and what not any suggestions on any other fun stuff????
    04-14-09 12:32 AM
    Welcome!

You can't update the OS, and if you have 10.5.6 PocketMac does not work, so you can't really do anything with your Storm, not even with Parallels or VMWare. Sorry

You can manually put files into the corresponding folders though
    04-14-09 12:34 AM
    you can't really do anything with your Storm
    ... thats a bit of BS.
    ...you could buy "The Missing Sync". I use it to do everything with my Storm, it even backs up my text messages. It has a built in media converter for your videos and takes care of syncing up your iTunes playlists too. The latest version even lets you sync over bluetooth, which is something Windows users cannot do (I think).
    04-14-09 12:38 AM
    ... thats a bit of BS.
    ...you could buy "The Missing Sync". I use it to do everything with my Storm, it even backs up my text messages. It has a built in media converter for your videos and takes care of syncing up your iTunes playlists too. The latest version even lets you sync over bluetooth, which is something Windows users cannot do (I think).
    You are right. I actually meant it in reference to PocketMac

I feel that having to buy a program to do what the stupid program from RIM should do, is wasting money. But not trying to attack the Missing Sync people but RIM for not updating their program
    04-14-09 12:40 AM
    I have a Storm and a Mac and I use MarkSpace MissingSync to sync my iCal, Contacts, Tasks, etc.. You can update to official OS over-the-air, I haven't wanted to or needed to use a leaked version, my Storm works fine.

I set my Storm to "mass storage" and drag and drop my photos, music and movies.

My Storm and my Mac get along just fine! Goodluck!
    04-14-09 12:40 AM
    I've had a Macbook since I got my Curve 8330. I've recently was able to get my hands on VM Fusion and Windows Vista. My Bootcamp assistant was not allowing me to split my hard drive so I just used VM Fusion and it was able to work with my Mac HD. I only use VM and Vista for Blackberry use such as Updating OS's, Backing up and such. My files are shared between Win and Mac and I love that because I have all my files organized on one hard drive. (My most important files are on an external hard drive). I found out a very nice feature called Unity with the latest version of VM Fusion and it puts the Windows task bar/start menu on the same screen as my Mac dock which I moved to my left side of the screen and when I have another screen attached I have Vista on one and my Mac is normal. I love it all on one machine. Unity, credit to Cnet.com.
    04-14-09 12:41 AM
    Venc was right about not being able to download and install OS updates though. Unless you have access to a Windows computer, you'll have to wait for an OTA update.
    04-14-09 12:42 AM
    ...not even with Parallels or VMWare. Sorry
    ummm, no. I running xp on vmware on 10.5.6, and it works fine.
    04-14-09 12:44 AM
    ummm, no. I running xp on vmware on 10.5.6, and it works fine.
    WORRRRRRD..
    04-14-09 12:46 AM
    I haven't been able on parallels though, neither a friend of mine
    04-14-09 12:47 AM
    You can dl Mediasync for your mac to sync your tunes with itunes (it syncs your playlists), and I believe you can do contact/calendar management with some third party software (I use GSync to sync my contacts and calendar), but if you want to run DM, you'll need windows.
    04-14-09 12:48 AM
    I was unhappy with Parallels I switched to VM Fusion and I am very happy.
    04-14-09 12:49 AM
    I was unhappy with Parallels I switched to VM Fusion and I am very happy.
    Umm.. I don't use it anymore so don't really care, it used to take so much memory from my mac

On topic - If you can get a hold of a PC I would recommend you to upgrade to a Leak OS, probably .113
    04-14-09 12:52 AM
    Umm.. I don't use it anymore so don't really care, it used to take so much memory from my mac

On topic - If you can get a hold of a PC I would recommend you to upgrade to a Leak OS, probably .113
    or .122.
    10char
    04-14-09 12:53 AM
    or .122.
    10char
    Let the guy warm up with a real 9530 leak, and not a hybrid
    04-14-09 12:55 AM
    Let the guy warm up with a real 9530 leak, and not a hybrid
    Haha not the .122 hybrid I'm using the Java and CDMA files from the Bell Official.
    04-14-09 12:57 AM
    There's a Mac section on the main page... answers all yoru questions bud...
    04-14-09 01:01 AM
    i use vmware on a macbook pro runnin 10.5.6... have updated to several leaks.. no problems.. I can load movies...music... bluetooth tether... works like a charm.
    04-14-09 03:54 AM
    Welcome!

You can't update the OS, and if you have 10.5.6 PocketMac does not work, so you can't really do anything with your Storm, not even with Parallels or VMWare. Sorry

Bootcamp works for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 06:52 AM
    +1 for VMwareFusion.

Pocket Mac was awful, Missing Sync slightly less awful.

For movies, I just drag the .avi into the SD card/Blackberry/Videos folder. mp3s go into the SD/Blackberry/Music. Simple drag and drop. Works fine.

The Storm plays .avi just fine. Haven't tried a mp4 yet.
    04-14-09 07:02 AM
    Parallels is the worst "emulation" software out there... Fusion as everyone else has said.. is awesome. I use it with Win XP on my 24" iMac.. I run both OS's all day long for work with the Win OS on a 2nd screen and I've never had an issue with memory or freeze ups or anything. Gotta love the Mac. IMHO best computer ever ever ever.
    04-14-09 07:14 AM
    I use vm fusion (xp not Vista) for the updates and missing sync 2 on the mac to sync (bluetooth)/ a little bit o' pain but it plays nice....
    04-14-09 07:31 AM
    Welcome!

Ahhh thats wrong I have 10.5.6 and VMWare and update all the time......
    04-14-09 07:43 AM
    Sounds like Mac MISinformation. I'm running 10.5.6 and run PocketMac without any problem (with Office 2004). Syncs with iphoto and itunes without a problem and mass media storage allows for drag and drop movies.

I use Bootcamp and XP to use the RIM version of DM for software updates and backups (though PocketMac does do back ups as well.)

Welcome!

04-14-09 07:56 AM
    LOL spacio and med8or have you guys read every other post after that one, in which I accept my error as it was already said that it worked

Parallels is the worst "emulation" software out there... Fusion as everyone else has said.. is awesome. I use it with Win XP on my 24" iMac.. I run both OS's all day long for work with the Win OS on a 2nd screen and I've never had an issue with memory or freeze ups or anything. Gotta love the Mac. IMHO best computer ever ever ever.
    Not so true, as Parallels is faster than VNWare

Gizmodo - VMWare Fusion vs. Parallels Desktop for Mac: Which Is Faster? - Parallels
    04-14-09 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD