10-22-09 03:09 PM
58 123
tools
    when syncing contacts, does it sync the photos as well?
    I haven't had any issues with the contacts but my contacts photos have always been on the phone and the mac, so yes (at least for me).
    10-19-09 07:31 PM
    Yes it does.
    10-19-09 07:33 PM
    Still some problems:

1. Calendar still creates duplicates ON YOUR DEVICE when you choose the "merge data" option.

2. Album artwork is still put in your pictures folder.

Doesn't seem like there are any major changes IMO
    Last edited by lonestar1135; 10-19-09 at 07:36 PM.
    10-19-09 07:34 PM
    Yes it does.
    SCOREE. thanks!!
    10-19-09 07:35 PM
    SCOREE. thanks!!
    I try and watch out for my fellow Marylanders
    10-19-09 07:37 PM
    Well, it synced all of my contacts 1x. However, when I realized I synced them all, I decided to change it to sync only certain groups as I didn't want 6500 contacts on my device.... NOW it seems stuck. My fan on my MacBook Pro is whirring and the log window is only showing "Host_Clean_Dirty_Flag" on Address Book. What does this mean? I haven't a clue - it's the same error I had in the last version. Perhaps my issue is that it doesn't work well with Groups? Or perhaps is it that I have 3 e-mail addresses on my Storm?

Stay tuned. News at 11.

10-19-09 07:46 PM
    DM never shows my iTunes playlists.. anyone else experience this?
    10-19-09 08:40 PM
    I'm still getting contact images with incorrect resolution (lowered resolution) which then transfers back to my Address Book lowering the resolution on there.
    I also get a secondary sync error - second time I sync it want to change the nicknames.
    These were both there before this update.
    10-19-09 09:57 PM
    I'll tell you if it ever sync's my contacts...
    10-19-09 10:55 PM
    is it working with tiger osx 10.4.11?
    10-19-09 11:59 PM
    Okay folks,

I downloaded the DM and installed fine. Connected the device, software started up and asked me for a password to connect. I input the password and all worked fine. I did the first backup without an internet connection. Did the first sync and that worked fine. Then I got home, with internet connection, connected the phone, the software came up and told me there was a new version to download (4.5) I did that and let it do its thing with the phone. Everything worked fine. After the update, I tried to do another sync to make sure it was working and now I can't connect the phone. It won't accept the password anymore. Keeps telling my password is incorrect. Soon it will attempt to erase my device for security reasons.

******EDIT******** I disabled the password on the phone and everything worked. It still does not answer why it worked the first time and not afterwards. I would rather it let me use the software with the phone password enabled. Just punch it in and go.
    Last edited by LQM; 10-20-09 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Disabled password on phone.
    10-20-09 01:13 AM
    Why do you even bother using Tetherberry? Tethering to a Mac is pretty simple.
    Exactly. I tether via bluetooth with ease.

try googling perishable press bluetooth tethering. If your using 10.4.

For 10.5 this blogsite helped me...
    Backdrifter: Configure BlackBerry Pearl as a Modem on Mac OS X

When I updated to Snow, using steps I learnt from them two sites, it was pretty easy to figure out.

Hope thats helped.
    Last edited by The Gift; 10-20-09 at 06:08 AM.
    10-20-09 05:45 AM
    The only issue I have with the DM for Mac is I wish that it would open iPhoto and the DM at the same time similar to what the iPhone does when connected.
    10-20-09 06:20 AM
    It syncs photos, but only in very low resolution...
    look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/dm-...-small-336517/
    10-20-09 07:22 AM
    How come you can't set the device as a priority? I'm new to the whole desktop manager thing but it seems that you should be able to set the device or the desktop as priority when syncing. How do I know which changes are going to override others during the sync?
    10-20-09 08:14 AM
    Is there a way to one-way sync?
    10-20-09 08:21 AM
    Is there a way to one-way sync?
    Only from PC address book to the device. On another note the sync seems to have a bug which populates the first name field with the mobile number if the address book contact has only last name filled in.
    10-20-09 09:03 AM
    This update is what the first release should have been. Both iCal and Address Book synced perfectly (iCal used to hang). Looking forward to being able to actually use DM now!
    10-20-09 10:46 AM
    DM never shows my iTunes playlists.. anyone else experience this?
    I am having the same issue. Any fixes or work arounds? I did try and delete some of my playlists since some users say it due to large playlist, but still no success.
    10-20-09 11:03 AM
    is it working with tiger osx 10.4.11?
    No, the Blackberry DM for MAC does not work with 10.4 Tiger.

HOWEVER, if you are running Tiger on a MAC with the dual core Intel chip you can upgrade to Snow Leopard using the $29 OS upgrade disc. Then you can run the DM for MAC.

BUT - the DM for MAC does not allow you to upgrade the OS as it does with the DM for the PC. So why even bother if you are already managing your device with a PC.
    10-20-09 11:08 AM

BUT - the DM for MAC does not allow you to upgrade the OS as it does with the DM for the PC. So why even bother if you are already managing your device with a PC.
    Yes it does. It is under the Application tab.
    10-20-09 12:42 PM
    And there are lots of threads on here on how to do leaked OS's too (not to mention youtube videos).
    10-20-09 12:56 PM
    Nothing still has changed i still cant put music on my storm
    10-20-09 05:28 PM
    Nothing still has changed i still cant put music on my storm
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I thought it was just me.
    10-20-09 05:54 PM
    Yesterday the techie convinced me to switch from Pocketmac to using BBDM for Mac.

Today I discovered that all the 20+ categories that I use in my address book to organize contacts by category for business purposes, are not saved in the new BBDM. Hence, I only have 1 big general useless data base now.

How could the idiots release a database that doesn't provide a basic service?
    10-20-09 06:58 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD