Hi all, just recently got a mac as my vista laptop is on the verge of giving up. What I need to know is without using any other software (bootcamp,pocketsync etc) is it possible for me to back up my 8900 on my mac? I would use the laptop for os upgrades still but for transfering music, photos etc would like to use the mac. Could it be done via drag and drop? Is there no desktop manager for mac? Also can I sync direct with itunes as all my pics are there anyway. Sorry for so many questions at once but the laptop is getting so buggy now I would rather just use the mac.

Thanks for any help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 06:27 PM
    Bootcamp is free comes with the OSX disk... and take that Vista Disk and install it on the Mac, then your SET ! ZERO cost out of your pocket...
    04-20-09 07:39 PM
    Don't have the vista disk though! When I bought it from pc world vista was preloaded. They don't give you the disk anymore unless you buy it seperate. Not even sure I got a disk from apple for my mac, will check though

04-20-09 09:50 PM
    Don't have the vista disk though! When I bought it from pc world vista was preloaded. They don't give you the disk anymore unless you buy it seperate. Not even sure I got a disk from apple for my mac, will check though

If you bought the mac new there is a disk.... I PROMISE there is...
    And yes there is a disk with the PC... HAS to be....
    What happens when the HDD crashes? your screwed? What brand is it?
    04-20-09 11:12 PM
    PC manufacturers rarely give you the OS disc anymore. Usually they simply give you a utility to restore your computer or some BS like that. But you definitely got an OS disc with your mac, however it can only be used with your own machine (well, without hacking the image, anyway). You can transfer media files like music and photos via drag and drop, but if you want to sync calendars/contacts/mail you're going to need to use some third party software. I would use bootcamp and windows. Not Vista though. You can probably find a cheap copy of XP on ebay.
    Last edited by ClintAustin; 04-21-09 at 12:00 AM.
    04-20-09 11:58 PM
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I don't really need to sync contacts or events just yet. Will I be able to back up and retore? I suuspect not but thought I'd ask!

Thanks again

04-21-09 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD