04-29-09 10:29 PM
27 12
tools
    I am an avid BB user (8700, Pearl, Curve, Storm) and was just recently shown some of the "coolness" of iTunes. I know that they now sell DRM-free music, but beyond that, are there some aficionados out there that can clue me in as to what I can do with this masterful new toy!?!?!?! Thanks and I am sure that others will find this info helpful, as well, since we all know that these forums will give you information not found anywhere else. Thanks for taking the time for this Mac/iTunes newbie ...........

Jason (aka Car RamRod)
    03-21-09 05:32 PM
    Well besides be a awesome MP3 player with cool visualizations?

Nothing... lol
    IT's a GREAT MP3 manager...
    03-21-09 06:12 PM
    I am an avid BB user (8700, Pearl, Curve, Storm) and was just recently shown some of the "coolness" of iTunes. I know that they now sell DRM-free music, but beyond that, are there some aficionados out there that can clue me in as to what I can do with this masterful new toy!?!?!?! Thanks and I am sure that others will find this info helpful, as well, since we all know that these forums will give you information not found anywhere else. Thanks for taking the time for this Mac/iTunes newbie ...........

Jason (aka Car RamRod)
    iTunes is just the software used to get your music/media onto your iPhone /iPod Touch.

If you want to put music/media on your phone, you need a different program...doubleTwist comes to mind. It's for the Mac.
    03-22-09 06:21 AM
    iTunes is just the software used to get your music/media onto your iPhone /iPod Touch.

If you want to put music/media on your phone, you need a different program...doubleTwist comes to mind. It's for the Mac.

Cool, thanks for the info. I had other questions and ideas about iTunes, but I have since just messed around with the program and have figured out most of it. If anyone has anything cool to contribute about iTunes for the Storm, "drop it like it's hot" - yeah, I know ...... cheesy!
    03-23-09 11:59 AM
    With doubleTwist you can even drop Youtube videos onto your phone and mac with hardly any effort at all. all you need to do is choose a Youtube vid, highlight the URL and drag said URL to your dt media library and from there to your phone or mobile device. totaly sweetness. dT takes care of all the download gunk. check it out.
    03-23-09 07:44 PM
    Cool, thanks for the info. I had other questions and ideas about iTunes, but I have since just messed around with the program and have figured out most of it. If anyone has anything cool to contribute about iTunes for the Storm, "drop it like it's hot" - yeah, I know ...... cheesy!
    LOL. Carr, why are you so hooked on iTunes for the Storm? iTunes only works for iPhones and iPods.......no other phone.
    03-23-09 08:36 PM
    With mp3's not purchased through iTunes, you can drag and drop from iTunes to the BlackBerry music folder in mass storage mode.

Our kids have iPods, and always get iTunes gift cards, so buying music through the store is an easy way for them to get the music they want.

We have not downloaded any music since the DRM removal, so I'm not sure about that. I would think that since they are DRM free, you should be able to copy those, as well.
    03-24-09 01:57 PM
    LOL. Carr, why are you so hooked on iTunes for the Storm? iTunes only works for iPhones and iPods.......no other phone.
    Thats not true. I drop songs from iTunes all the time, just open your memory card icon and drag them over. Works everytime.
    03-24-09 03:16 PM
    true, the non DRM songs can go onto any phone or mobile device. it's waaaay worth the additional $.30 when when purchasing them to get the freedom to use the music how you please.
    03-24-09 03:25 PM
    Didn't know that. Thank you both.
    03-24-09 03:31 PM
    Didn't know that. Thank you both.
    no worries. Its so nice being able to just drag them over. The only downside is when you do an update on your PC (if you do that vs. Bootcamp) which I dont have it wont load them back up if they arent on the other computer. Heads up for those that are like me and use both computers.
    03-24-09 05:25 PM
    Then maybe one of you can answer this- if it's just a matter of drag & drop, what do you need iTunes for?
    03-24-09 06:05 PM
    Then maybe one of you can answer this- if it's just a matter of drag & drop, what do you need iTunes for?

Music? lol

Not sure I understand the question. As long as you have iTunes with music, all you have to do is open your mem card and drag it over. Simple as that. Pictures as well, but movies and vids dont work.
    03-24-09 07:36 PM
    Ok, I think you misunderstood my question. The music is already on your hard drive and mass storage is enabled on the BB. Whats the point of using iTunes to put music/photos on your card when it can be done without?
    03-24-09 09:15 PM
    Ok, I think you misunderstood my question. The music is already on your hard drive and mass storage is enabled on the BB. Whats the point of using iTunes to put music/photos on your card when it can be done without?
    Exactly. You don't need ITunes. I drag and drop from hard drive to memory card all the time.
    03-24-09 10:01 PM
    IC what your saying. I do it just because Im used to going through itunes to get my music. No reason you would have to other than habit.
    03-25-09 01:59 AM
    Got'cha!
    I've put music on my card once; but I prefer battery over tunes, so I just continue to use either my iPod or iPod Touch.
    03-25-09 02:21 AM
    I understand. Its nice though to be able to have just the one device to do it all. But I am still keeping my pod for the gym, bleh.
    03-25-09 02:25 AM
    Thanks to everyone for some interesting banter. I have just recently started grabbing old music for family and friends. I have also found that iTunes makes managing the names, artists, album art, etc. more to my liking than anything else. With DM 4.7, there is actually a program that works just for playlists from iTunes (therefore, easy list management for the 6 BBs I setup for these deadbeats!).
    03-25-09 08:40 AM
    You can also use the BB Media Sync Beta to sync playlists and podcasts on the mac side. I think it's music only for now, but it works great. Best music solution for the Mac IMO. Get's your playlists all on there superbly.
    03-28-09 03:08 AM
    Well I tried doubletwist twice and it didn't even recognize the blackberry,but then again when I hooked it up to my mac my berry didn't even charge or anything. what gives?
    04-10-09 12:39 AM
    I just happened across this thread (killing time at work) and learned something new. I'm so excited I don't have to "lug" my iPod around anymore if I can just put music onto my storm (right?)
    04-15-09 04:03 PM
    I just happened across this thread (killing time at work) and learned something new. I'm so excited I don't have to "lug" my iPod around anymore if I can just put music onto my storm (right?)
    yes you can.
    04-15-09 07:25 PM
    Good to hear. Can someone provide instructions on how? I've seen some on this thread but I can't say I really understand them. I'm fairly computer literate, but not when it comes to terminology. Mass Media?
    04-16-09 08:51 AM
    there is a fix to getting DRM protected music onto a bb.... or in that case getting it into unprotected MP3 format, its a bit of a hassle though. what you have to do is burn the files onto an audio cd via itunes. Then once thats done, you have to re import them from the cd and you have no DRM MP3s!

PS. make sure your itunes settings are set to audio cd burning and mp3 importing!
    04-23-09 12:30 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD