I just got a new curve, it was just an equipment replacement, nothing exciting yet! My problem is, since I got the new BB, BB desktop won't let me sync, the option is greyed out. Also, I'm worried that if it did let me sync, I might get duplicated entries since it would be the first time syncing the device, but I've already restored all of my data to it.

I hope someone has experience with this, thanks.
    07-27-10 08:36 AM
    No replies yet, huh? I found something in the manual that explains the forget handheld itme in the menu of BB desktop. I'm assuming that you can only sync one handheld per computer, so do I need to forget handheld on the old BB before I can sync the new one? If yes, I only want to know if I will lose my ability to restore from the backup of that old device. I don't want to lose those backups just in case. Thanks again!
    07-28-10 11:09 AM
    There wasn't a lot of information to go on in your post, that is why you probably got no response.

If you are going from an old device to a new one, you should delete the Blackberry Desktop folder in Library\ application Support.

I would make backups of the calendar and contacts and anything else you are syncing, and then have the Mac overwrite the Blackberry, that is unless you already have added information to the Blackberry.
    07-28-10 12:36 PM
    There wasn't a lot of information to go on in your post, that is why you probably got no response.

If you are going from an old device to a new one, you should delete the Blackberry Desktop folder in Library\ application Support.

I would make backups of the calendar and contacts and anything else you are syncing, and then have the Mac overwrite the Blackberry, that is unless you already have added information to the Blackberry.
    Thanks for the tips here. Yes, I have already added things to the blackberry and the mac. So, I need to figure out how to sync them now. I see how I should have done an overwrite like you suggested, that would have worked out better. So, is there any way I can sync the new handheld now? Will dumping that folder allow me to safely sync the new handheld? I have had problems before like this where I had hundreds of entries duplicated and it was a nightmare, I really don't want to go through that again!
    07-31-10 11:26 AM
    Silly me, I figured out what the problem was. I just am not that familiar with BB Desktop, so I didn't know. The sync button was greyed out because, by default, all the sync options are set at "do not sync". I changed them all to "two-way sync" and all is well. Thanks for the help here anyway.
    08-06-10 05:49 PM
    Silly me, I figured out what the problem was. I just am not that familiar with BB Desktop, so I didn't know. The sync button was greyed out because, by default, all the sync options are set at "do not sync". I changed them all to "two-way sync" and all is well. Thanks for the help here anyway.
    Lol I'm glad you figured that out. I really couldn't think of a reason it wouldn't sync, of course I assumed...
    08-06-10 10:12 PM
    Um, yeah, it's embarrassing. I can only hope that some poor fool making the same mistake can find this thread before admitting to the entire crackberry community that they don't know how to sync their BB. After 2 years of BB use, you'd think I should have known what I'm doing. hahaha!
    08-06-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD