I had played with the leaked version and liked what I saw. I just think this DTM is excellent. The bugs that were in the leaked version aren't there. Its fast, its nice, I can do backups and upgrade the software from the Mac and load apps. This is great.

I've noticed people having problems getting their software to work. I ran into this error but it was easily fixed. I had been running the leaked version of the software. I decided to uninstall Missing Sync for the Blackberry and then I uninstalled my new install of RIM's DTM. I restarted, re-installed and it works like a charm.

A happy Mac/Blackberry camper
    10-02-09 08:21 PM
    I Agree!!!
    10-03-09 03:46 PM
    Agreed. Using 4.7 on my Tour and Snow Leopard and it has been working flawlessly.
    10-03-09 06:37 PM
    I agree whole-heartedly!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 07:49 PM
    No problems with my Pearl either.
    10-03-09 10:41 PM
    My BB 8320 running .162 and Mac with Snow Leopard now make love with each other and not war. I couldn't be happier
    10-03-09 10:59 PM
    Same here, I successfully downgraded my 8900 from 5.0.0.190 to .231 through DM4M

10-04-09 10:33 AM
    So does this mean that all OS's will have to be leaked in two different file types? Macs can't open .exe obviously...
    10-04-09 01:00 PM
    That's the thing I'm unsure about. Because when you load OS on the mac DM as of now it only comes up with the official OS for the carrier of your device. I have no idea if there's even a way to download an OS that is supported by a mac yet.

10-04-09 03:42 PM
    So does this mean that all OS's will have to be leaked in two different file types? Macs can't open .exe obviously...
    That's an interesting point. I haven't thought about that. I am sure that both .exe and .dmg files will have to be released now. That should be a simple extension fix. Now that RIM is catching on that mac users want love too, they will obviously have support the file type!

And I don't know where you guys got your DM from on this thread... but it obviously can't be the same as the rest of us...????!!!!! lol, because i wish mine worked flawlessly, and i am sure more than half of the bb/mac users are with me on that one!
    10-04-09 03:50 PM
    Oh really?

So your version syncs PINs, Birthday fields, and music flawlessly? Hmmm, well that's great for you. After spending hours of uninstalling and installing and cleaning up my device of multiple events, wiping my device completely and so on I've given up. I just downloaded BB DTM yesterday, so I would imagine it a recent version. Now I am getting stupid messages like my music playlists exceed my media card size, which is just absurd, because it didn't before and my media card has been wiped clean as well.

I'm pondering going back to pocketmac which has its deficiencies, but worked slightly better for me. Perhaps the next release will address some of these issues.
    12-29-09 04:06 PM
    how come the MAC DM doesn't have all the options like the Windows DM has? The Media Center, etc? I run VMFusion and I'm always using the Windows DM because there's the whole media center because I transfer pictures, vids, etc on and off my Tour but I can't do that using the MAC DM.
    12-29-09 06:17 PM
    how come the MAC DM doesn't have all the options like the Windows DM has? The Media Center, etc? I run VMFusion and I'm always using the Windows DM because there's the whole media center because I transfer pictures, vids, etc on and off my Tour but I can't do that using the MAC DM.
    One reason is...if you mount your device to a mac, the drive shows up on the desktop (in finder), all you have to do is drag photos, tunes, vids, etc. to the drive.
    12-29-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD