hey fellow crackheads..i'm new to the forums but a longtime addict..i had the 8800 for awhile, and due to a freaky accident at great adventures needed to get a new phone..i chose the 8900.. i love it.. it works cool.. i want too upgrade the os but i can't seem to find a download that i can open on my mac computer.. any advice?
    02-13-09 01:09 PM
    hey fellow crackheads..i'm new to the forums but a longtime addict..i had the 8800 for awhile, and due to a freaky accident at great adventures needed to get a new phone..i chose the 8900.. i love it.. it works cool.. i want too upgrade the os but i can't seem to find a download that i can open on my mac computer.. any advice?
    i also have a mac, but i have windows installed through bootcamp for my blackberry needs
    02-13-09 01:10 PM
    You gotta use Windows or OTA for upgrades.
    02-13-09 01:34 PM
    good lookin out.. bootcamp? i gotta get that any leads?
    02-13-09 02:15 PM
    Go to OpenSourceMac dot org (I can't post a link because my account is too new, lol)

There is a free windows emulator there that SHOULD work for blackberry updates (it should allow you to install/run desktop manager)

I'd try that before paying for an emulator.
    02-13-09 03:19 PM
    if you have leopard you should have bootcamp just search in finder
    ....if you have tiger you can download it...its free, you just need to find a full windows OS, not the reboot kind or upgrade, a full CD....which can be found at university stores for around $10 or else retail for around $99....i went with XP, cause vista is not as good, from my experience as a mac user

(i am not instigating any mac vs. pc arguements......this is the last post that shall say anything about both of the operarting systems at once )
    02-13-09 04:39 PM
    Go the bootcamp route instead of emulators if you can. With BC, U will also need to install full windows.
    02-13-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD