If you are a mac user and want to upgrade BB os without using bootcamp. I found that parallels doesnt work.
    But VMware does. I upgraded to 4.5 on my mac using VMware.
    10-15-08 06:28 PM
    what exctly is VMware?
    10-15-08 11:21 PM
    what exctly is VMware?
    VMware allows you to run windows on your mac without rebooting. I know this is a simple answer but in essence that is what it does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 01:11 PM
    actually I dont have any issues with parallels and XP + desktop manager, never tried vmware either
    10-18-08 02:01 PM
    I've used parallels to upgrade my OS a dozen or so times now. Not really sure what you're talking about.
    10-20-08 03:23 PM
    Ughhh I'd never run windooooze on my mac! Just have my bf update my curve on his crap windows laptop lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 08:47 AM
    I used to use Parallels all the time to upgrade OS versions on my Curve, I have now since switched to VMWare and a Bold which also works perfectly fine.

It must have simply been the configuration of your versions of Parallels that wasn't working properly.
    10-23-08 06:46 PM
    When I download new software under vm fusion , how do I get the bb to recognize it-is it as simple as plugging in the cord? Will windows xp recognize it automatically for syncing purposes??
    10-25-08 05:33 PM
    what's the hardware requirements for VMware and Parallels?
    10-27-08 02:51 PM
    Should be able to run VMware on any Mac, and the same with Parallels.

Any Mac brought within the past 2 years should be an intel mac - which will definetly be able to support VMWare and Parallels.
    11-01-08 02:14 PM
    So I downloaded VMware, now I need a windows OS CD in order to use it? How would I go about getting one of those...
    11-02-08 12:05 AM
    If you are a mac user and want to upgrade BB os without using bootcamp. I found that parallels doesnt work.
    But VMware does. I upgraded to 4.5 on my mac using VMware.
    Had the same problem. I ditched Parallels for Fusion and it works like a charm. VMWare handles virtual machines better, hands down. Parallels was great until I threw my BB into the mix. Also, I'm able to sync through bluetooth using VMWare Fusion which makes it even sweeter.
    11-02-08 06:29 AM
    Will this work with a recovery disc or will I need to purchase Vista?
    11-02-08 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD