My problem that I'm having is, I have the stock 1g card. I recently bought an 8g card. I backed up my info, put the 8g card in the bb then restored it back onto the new card. When i went to check to see if the transfer was done, i didnt have any of my songs from the sprint music store, my pics that were sent to me wasnt there and my ringtones werent there either. so i put the 1g card back in just so i could have all my stuff back. i really need to do this transfer, im running out of memory. thank you for any help i get
    11-26-09 01:40 PM
    I hate to be the one to break this to you, but backup/restore applies to device memory (user data stored on the device) only. Your sdcard is not included in said backups... But there is a simple way to do this, it's so simple, you're prolly gonna kick yourself! Go to finder>prefs>ensure that "external disks" are displayed when connected, connect your device, double-click the icon that appears, browse the folders for your desired files, drag and drop them onto your desktop once completed remove the old card, insert new card, format if necessary, reconnect device, drag and drop files onto new card et voila... Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 03:35 PM
    ok quick ques. i have the macbook air. i dont have an external hard drive yet. is this gonna be a prob?
    11-26-09 06:05 PM
    ok quick ques. i have the macbook air. i dont have an external hard drive yet. is this gonna be a prob?
    When you plug the device in, do you see the SD card (media card) show up on the desktop? If so just open it, select all and drag to the location you want on your macbook air (perhaps just create a folder on the desktop)....you don't need an external drive. Then eject the device, insert the new card, reconnect to the mac and drag the contents of the newly created folder to the new sd card.
    11-27-09 11:27 AM
    When you plug the device in, do you see the SD card (media card) show up on the desktop? If so just open it, select all and drag to the location you want on your macbook air (perhaps just create a folder on the desktop)....you don't need an external drive. Then eject the device, insert the new card, reconnect to the mac and drag the contents of the newly created folder to the new sd card.
    thank you statman im gonna give it a try right now. any problems i have, do you mind if i send you pm's? or if you like, you can add me to your bbm. always up for new friends, thanks again!!
    11-27-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD