I am unable to use my new 9630 as a bluetooth modem with my MacBook Pro.
    Any solutions?
    01-03-10 10:01 AM
    Solution: search. There is a wonderful guide in the how to section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 10:44 AM
    agree with ragnarokx, follow the step by step, if followed and issues occer, repost or follow up on this thread.
    01-03-10 10:48 AM
    Thanks. But let me ask a dumb Q: What "how to" section (and where is it?) are you referring to? I am paired up, able to bluetooth photos from phone to computer, but unable to network connect and use as a modem.
    Thanks for the help.
    01-03-10 12:25 PM
    in the search engine. type tethering to mac. the first hit will be a video tutorial on tethering via bluetooth. it should help. its fairly simple, when you set up your phone to mac, there was a checkbox to use phone as modem, select that box. step by step from there, only thing that you would need to additionally clarify is your username and password and dial out number, possibly your apn settings, but that post will give you everything. good luck
    01-03-10 12:31 PM
    Let me know if you have any luck, I haven't been able to successfully tether my Blackberry Tour to the Sprint 3g network. Error 678 is all I get.

From what I've seen it won't work unless you pay an additional $15 a month for PAM. Tetherberry will work though. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
    01-03-10 12:34 PM
    tetherberry is correct. i saw a post through a forum that there are ways of tethering blackberry without paying the additional charge, something to do with changing the apn settings on the device, didnt look into it too extensively. boricua google it if your interested. and in regards to tetherberry im a huge fan, always worked great.
    01-03-10 12:42 PM
    Answer to my question here:

LAME
    01-03-10 12:47 PM
    I use to tether to my Mac with my Sprint Tour but they put an end to the free phone-as-modem, as far as I can tell. I caught TetherBerry on sale, and that has worked phenomenally, except that you can't use Bluetooth, you have to use a cable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 01:03 PM
    wat are your speeds?

im getting only 219 kbps
    01-10-10 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD