So I love music and have a mac that we were lucky enough to get cheap. It is an IMAC and I have a curve. What is the best combo for getting music and memory card for my curve?
    05-09-08 10:52 PM
    Perfect. I have the same set up. Hook up BB via USB (and select YES to turn on memory card on BB, its a prompt). Open up iTunes and then open up BB to your Music Folder. With both windows open, just drag a song from iTunes into your desired Musis or Playlist Folder. That's it.
    07-09-08 01:06 AM
    Can you make a playlist folder from your Mac? I am interested in using my BB as a media player but want the support of playlists without doing all the transfers from inside the device. That can be quite time consuming.
    07-09-08 02:13 AM
    So, you mean...take an entire playlist from iTunes and move it to your BB music folder? If that's true, just copy ALL songs from a playlist at once, so you'll be dragging ALL songs at once to your BB music folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 11:07 PM
    Yes however I want the playlist to be on the blackberry so i dont have to go through and select each song and hit "save to playlist"
    07-10-08 01:31 AM
    It will be. Before you drag a playlist from your itunes screen, make sure you've added a Folder within your music folder (as you create that folder you can rename it the playlist your dragging over). It probably took me 10 min to copy 12 playlists, roughly 100 songs total.

07-10-08 02:09 AM
    Then when you go into the media player and select playlist it will be there?

I feel like I tried this before without the same luck. Maybe I did something wrong.

07-10-08 02:15 AM
    Here's my path and what I see....BB Main Screen-Media-then I see, Music, Videos, Ringtones, Pictures. At this step I hit BB Menu button, then select Explore-Media Card-Blackberry-Music, and there's my playlists'. The BB Menu and select Explore step is the key for you.
    07-10-08 07:54 AM
    This method won't work for any DRM protected music you bought through iTunes.

07-10-08 08:10 AM
    Yeah this makes sense. I was trying to use the actual playlist feature inside the media player.

This will work. The only problem I have with this is that you can end up taking up more space if you have a song in more than one playlist. As itunes takes only one song and adds it to each playlist, this method will add a new version to each playlist taking up card space.

07-10-08 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD