Does anyone know how to move your contacts from your phone to your computer with the DM? The only options I get to move from my comp to my phone and clear all of my contacts on my phone..

Thanks.

-Mike
    10-02-09 05:36 PM
    Mike - it should be a two way sync. You DON'T want to click the advance to over write the phone. Make sure you do a backup first but when I had contacts on phone that weren't on computer it added them. If it found duplicate between the two it asked which one to use.

Good luck though...
    10-02-09 05:50 PM
    Does anyone know how to move your contacts from your phone to your computer with the DM? The only options I get to move from my comp to my phone and clear all of my contacts on my phone..

Thanks.

-Mike
    I am not sure what your intentions are with your contacts. So I will go over some things with you and what I have done.

First off, trying to get contacts into your phone formatted correctly takes time. Outlook is good for bringing them in. Once that is done, go into your backup under advance and pick address book only for the backup. You will be given a chance to back it up under a new name. Change it to something like address book. That is original huh!

Now you have a file that can be accessed by a great utility. It is called ABC Amber Blackberry. You can get it at this web:

site.Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor, edit contacts in IPD files

With this utility you can now go in and refine your address book the way you want it to be.

Once that is done, you can now go back in to the desktop and restore your address book. Then you can synchronize to the address books supported by BB.

That is the only utility that works well for cleaning up the contacts list.

Hope that helps. Or maybe just more than you were asking for. LOL

I still maintain my address book using the utility when I have a lot of editing to do. Beats trying to do it on the Bold.

Mike
    Last edited by MCope; 10-02-09 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Just noticed this was on the mac. Sorry but if you have a MS system it will still work.
    10-02-09 06:11 PM
    I just realized that was for the MAC. Sorry about that. However if you can do it on a PC, it will still get you where you need to be once your setup.

Mike
    10-02-09 06:15 PM
    MCope -- unfortunately the ABC product does not open all fields in the BB IPD file. Specifically, it does not pick up a web address field and it does not pick up the notes at the end of a BB record -- on top of that the fields it does pick up do not match the fields on MAC address book and there is not representation in the instructions that mapping takes place -- potential train wreck if you have elaborately filled out fields in BB -- if just name, phone and email address, that's one thing, but if the BB records are stuffed with data, there is a problem
    10-03-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD