i moved from bold 9000 to iphone 3Gs.. and now i just moved back to a blackberry 9700.

1. When i dial a number why do i see "unknown number" on the top of the screen?

2. When i sync contacts, why does it sync only 1 email - in some contacts i have 2 email ids but mac desktop manager only syncs 1 email id..

thanks for the help.
    02-07-10 08:40 PM
    Um...for number one i think it's because you havent entered your number into the phone....go to options>advanced options>simcard where you will see unknown number slots...jus add ur number in it and your name..hope i've explained it properly...im available for chat
    02-07-10 09:29 PM
    thanks for the reply...
    any idea why only 1 email id is syncing..?
    02-07-10 11:29 PM
    thanks for the reply...
    any idea why only 1 email id is syncing..?
    If in Address Book, both email addresses have the same Field (i.e. Work), then only one is sync'd. If one says Home and the other says Work, then both are sync'd. That has been my experience.

Jonathan
    02-08-10 10:38 AM
    Oh... thanks a million for the reply.. huge help..
    But i have exactly the same problem with mobile numbers also.
    If i have saved 2 numbers in "mobile" - only 1 turns up in the blackberry..
    If i have saved 2 numbers as "pager" - only 1 turns up in the blackberry..

Just a thought - is it better if i sync all my contacts to a gmail / google a/c. And then sync my blackberry to the google a/c? I've never done it - done have any idea how its done ....

Thank you again for the help - deeply appreciate.
    02-08-10 09:32 PM
    Just a thought - is it better if i sync all my contacts to a gmail / google a/c. And then sync my blackberry to the google a/c? I've never done it - done have any idea how its done ....

Thank you again for the help - deeply appreciate.
    That is what I do on my 8900. It works really well for me. I've been using it since coming back to BB after leaving for an iphone. I couldn't get my BB to sync with my Mac correctly (before the desktop manager for mac came out) so I started using the google sync and it works very well for me. I just exported my contacts in address book to my gmail account. It's pretty simple if you download the google sync app from: m.google.com/sync
    Also, this is a helpful google site: BlackBerry Devices - Mobile Help

Hope that helps some.
    Last edited by tscharron; 02-08-10 at 10:24 PM.
    02-08-10 10:20 PM
    thank you .. thanks a million...
    1. In Mac address book accounts, it has an option to sync with a Google a/c.
    I'm going to give it a try.

2. When u sync a Mac to a gmail a/c does it sync the respective contact pics / categories as well..? And then when the gmail a/c syncs to a blackberry will it update the contact pics - categories..?

Really sorry if these questions sound stupid ..
    i'm just a few months old on macs ... and really scared to attempt anything new.

Thank you for the extremely valued help.
    02-08-10 10:46 PM
    thank you .. thanks a million...
    1. In Mac address book accounts, it has an option to sync with a Google a/c.
    I'm going to give it a try.

2. When u sync a Mac to a gmail a/c does it sync the respective contact pics / categories as well..? And then when the gmail a/c syncs to a blackberry will it update the contact pics - categories..?

Really sorry if these questions sound stupid ..
    i'm just a few months old on macs ... and really scared to attempt anything new.

Thank you for the extremely valued help.

1. That should work for you as far as getting the contacts to sync with google.

2. Here is a website that might help: Contact Sync Help

Here is a short clip from that page that tells you exactly what syncs with google: Information that is synced

On Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), only contacts in the My Contacts group in Gmail are synced. On Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), all Gmail contacts are synced.

The following information is included when syncing to Gmail:

* People's names and job titles
    * Company names
    * Email and postal addresses
    * Phone numbers
    * IM names, including the type of service
    * Notes
    * Photos (on Mac OS X 10.6 only)

Hope that is helpful.

Welcome to the Mac life. I've only been using Mac for a little over a year now and still learning but will never go back to windows again. Even if I can't afford a Mac at some point down the road, I will go without a computer instead of buying a PC.
    Last edited by tscharron; 02-10-10 at 01:01 PM. Reason: add info
    02-10-10 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD