I've been trying to get my 8gig micro SD card to mount on my mac, but it won't recognize it.

I can't enable "mass storage" mode due to policy restrictions from the BES.

Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Thanks.
    11-25-08 07:41 PM
    Memory card reader? Have you tried PocketMac?
    11-25-08 08:09 PM
    Yes, I'm using a reader attached to my mac. I can't use missing sync or pocketmac because it doesn't recognize my bb due to mass storage mode being turned off (by my IT dept).

So my thought was to pull the sd card and transfer music on it and then return it to the phone. Great plan until the mac didn't recognize the micro card.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how/if there is a workaround.
    11-25-08 08:25 PM
    I don't have this problem, so the question intrigued me. Did some digging, seems a few other folks have similar situations. From what I found, your (possible) solutions include the following:

* email music to youself. Easy enough, maybe, maybe not.

* assign a password to your BB, then when attempting to sync, enter in password at prompt. Sounds weird, but several other bloggers mentioned this worked.

* Wait for supposed better Mac support from RIM first qtr.2009.

* Use a usb cable to link BB to Mac in mass-storage mode.

That's about all I found for now. If I find "the ultimate solution" , I'll post it here.
    11-25-08 10:43 PM
    Hmm- card reader, should work great - unless your version of OS X doesn't support the 8gb micro sd card.

I want to say OS X 4.2 had an issue with that, for the higher capacity cards now commonplace. You can probably do a little Google-search & see which operating system supports what for cards/ if yours fits.
    If not, there has to be a patch out there by now!

But yeah, no mounting even with a reader is kind if confuzzling.

..Have to keep editing this, as something ELSE just popped into my head.
    If your reader requires you to use the one or two "insert" cards to put the MicroSD card into, so in essence the reader is using a standard-size SD card-slot hole to read off a microSD card? Here's a tip if you're getting NOTHING - try cleaning the contacts with a tiny bit of fast-evaporating rubbing alchol, and make sure all the tiny card-bits fit together properly.

Sounds obvious, I know - but I've been there. I have one of those "MicroSD-to-standardSD" kits at work, almost never use. Customer walks in one day with a microSD, with image files on it. Nothing worked for me until I did the above clean & fit prodedure.
    *pop* There it was.

Amazing the tiny absurdities that can get ya.
    "Why isn't this machine working?!"
    "Is it plugged in?"
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 11-25-08 at 11:23 PM.
    11-25-08 11:06 PM
    thanks, i'll try it all.
    11-26-08 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD