so gmail and .mac are both supposed to have imap but whenever i read or delete a message on my phone, even if a day goes by, my mac doesnt or gmail doesnt show the past messages as deleted or read. it shows them as new and unread. what the crap?

i have all the settings right i think.
    anyone know anything about this?
    08-27-08 08:43 PM
    I use .Mac and everything works fine. When I read an email on my BB it shows up as read on .Mac, but it does not work the other way. If you want your deleted items to sync you need to go to AT&T's BIS web site and check, sync deleted items under that email account. Now, the sync is no where near real time, it might take 10 min, it might take 3 hours. When you delete an email on your BB make sure you select the option delete on mailbox and handheld.
    08-28-08 10:26 PM
    how did u set urs up?
    my read state doesnt work.
    08-28-08 10:27 PM
    Do you have your BB's messages options set up correctly and your BIS mail set-up properly?
    08-28-08 10:43 PM
    i do have that delete option u mention box checked
    08-28-08 11:01 PM
    Which is this for, your BB or BIS. BTW I know these settings work for .Mac but I am unsure of Google.
    08-28-08 11:55 PM
    .mac

what are ur settings?
    if everything works for u?
    how exactly did u set ur email up for blackberry?
    08-29-08 09:20 AM
    I am going to assume you have a data package and your email and internet are up and running.

1. Set up your .Mac on AT&T's BIS web site if that is not already done. Also make sure that sync deleted items is checked. If that is done you should be good to go on that end.

2. On your BB go to Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation > Where is says Delete On you have three choices:
    1. Handheld - Deletes mail only on the BB
    2. Mailbox & Handheld - Deletes mail in both places all the time
    3. Prompt - When you go to delete an email you will be prompted to deleted on the BB only or BB and mailbox. This allows you to choose what you want to do every time you delete an email.

If this does not work go onto AT&T's web site and delete your .Mac address and put it in again. While your on there you may also want to send service books to you BB.
    08-30-08 10:42 AM
    ive done that already
    08-30-08 11:15 PM
    That's how mine is set up. I cannot think of anything else as to why it would not be working.
    08-31-08 10:36 PM
    i figured something out.
    it does work with m http inbox.
    my apple mail wont sync up once i do something.

for instance, i get a new message, i delete it on my phone.
    its deleted on my http inbox. but my apple mail wont delete automatically.

but if i delete on my mail or http inbox, it wont show deleted on my bb.
    09-01-08 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD