Hello,
    Yes I already did a search on the forums (tips & mac forum) and didnt seem to find an answer. . . .
    Im wondering if anyone is successfully using there Mobile Me email on their Blackberry Storm? I need to change email service from my existing company. Since I already have a . Mac account it would be great to use if it works. Thanks for any help.
    01-17-09 07:03 PM
    works fine for me..
    01-17-09 07:25 PM
    thanks I appreciate it..
    01-17-09 07:43 PM
    New(er) Mac user -- wondering if there is an advantage to MobileMe w/a BB over Gmail, Yahoo, or the like?
    01-18-09 03:55 PM
    New(er) Mac user -- wondering if there is an advantage to MobileMe w/a BB over Gmail, Yahoo, or the like?
    I would hate to say one is better than the other. Just different... If you are really hooked into the mac I would say spend the money and get a Mobile Me account. Bottom line is it just works well with your Mac(s), ipod etc... With the new mac operating system there are some features like mobile desktop that you can use too. I can't tell you much about yahoo but Gmail is pretty cool too. I have all my mac computers calendars synced using my Mobile Me account (another plus). Then I have my mac using a purchased sync (can't remember the name off the top of my head) program sync with my Gmail Calendar. Then I use google sync on the blackberry to load all the calendar data onto the Storm... Sounds confusing but its really easy. Hope this helps..
    01-18-09 05:06 PM
    that's sounds awesome. i'm searching for weeks how to push my calendar and adresses with my .mac account. Do you have any step by step link please ??

thanks !!
    01-18-09 10:39 PM
    thanks I appreciate it..
    What kind of issues are you having? I have my Me account set up on my Blackberry, works great actually.
    01-18-09 11:12 PM
    I would have to say Gmail over Yahoo. Threaded messaging is pretty awesome on Gmail, but is a pain to sync both your PC with BB. If I read it on my berry, it stays unread on the server and this annoys the crap out of me. Another good plus about Gmail is their spam filter. On Yahoo, it would put replies as spam... very dumb. The " RE: RE: " throws the filter off I guess.

I have a .Mac/Me account and I never use it. In fact, I may just switch everything over to Gmail and cancel my Me account. When I had the iPhone it was pretty good. I honestly don't see much advantage in paying for the service unless you are going to use the other features and that's my honest and humble opinion.

I think the reason I still have my Me account is due to the 4 letter username 1234@me.com and every time I tell someone that email, they don't believe me.
    01-18-09 11:19 PM
    i got my .mac, yahoo and gmail accounts on my Storm...
    0 issues...
    01-19-09 01:15 AM
    that's sounds awesome. i'm searching for weeks how to push my calendar and adresses with my .mac account. Do you have any step by step link please ??

thanks !!
    If you are trying to sync all your mac's contact, calendars etc... with .mac go to your system preferences, in the Internet & Network section click MobilMe or .Mac (depending if your tiger or the new 10.5 OS) under the SYNC tab pick the items you would like to sync.... hope that helps. To get your data from you mac calendar to your google calendar I purchased a program called Spanning Sync to do that. I then use Google Sync to get that data to the Storm.
    01-19-09 08:06 AM
    Being a paid service, you aren't being targeted with ads. It's not a problem with some, but others have privacy concerns.

As for the other services - The idrive is really handy, as is syncing the calendars and address book remotely. The web interface is pretty slick. And, if you use iPhoto, the galleries are really nice looking.

I switched from gmail to .Mac over a year ago, so far so good.
    01-19-09 08:52 AM
    Duvi: can you access your galleries as well? My me/.mac email works great - but when i go into my browser I cannot access my mobileme web page.
    01-19-09 09:38 AM
    @pc12man : how do you sync your storm with google ? i mean the calendars and contacts ?

thanks
    01-19-09 04:55 PM
    @pc12man : how do you sync your storm with google ? i mean the calendars and contacts ?

thanks
    Google Mobile - Sync

google is your friend
    01-20-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD