Hi everyone this is a great site and I am new here. I love my new blackberry and my not quite as new black macbook. I have some questions i am hoping someone can help me with. I have the Missing sync on my Mac seems to work ok except for the plugin notes not completing and an "error occured while updating the local database from the device" I will work on figuring this out later.
    My pressing question right now is that I want to download some medical software from Skyscape, however it is not compatible with Mac. I have to have the desktop Manager on Windows so I downloaded to my desktop (it is my husband's and I use it for emergencies only.) I am a newly professed Apple Blackberry girl now. Will this create any problem for my Blackberry. I notice they have an icon that says application loader, is this what I use? Just not do the sync with the Windows? Where is the Blackberry reader, this is needed to download the medical software. I greatly appreciate anyone that can help me on this you guys are my greatest hope. Should I post this in Newbie section?
    Thank you,
    Fergie
    08-07-07 03:51 PM
    Cant tell from your post, but it sounds like you mean that the software after being installed will continually receive updates:

If the software updates only with a sync via connection to the PC, there is something you can do (although this would be odd, it should just pull data over the network instead). When you syncronize, you must set it to ONLY sync with your Add-In data and not your user data on the PC. This will update your med software and nothing else.

As far as just installing the software and not worrying about updates; When you install the software through the application loader, not sure exactly how to go about it, but I believe you can have it update only those files. If you do this, you can sync to your Mac as you normally would and you will not be affected in any way. Hope this helps.
    08-07-07 06:09 PM
    I was able to get my software with the application loader and it all worked great. Thank you for your help.
    08-09-07 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD