SO I tried doing a search for this topic on the forum but came up with nothing.

I have the bb curve 8310 and im trying to import(export is turned off) my photos from my phone to my mac, however I get a "no media card present, cannot proceed"

How do I get around this, or is there another method to upload via usb. I've tried sending pictures as an email and bluetoothing them.. Far too painful.

Thanks for your help.
    10-26-08 01:14 AM
    I had the same issue with my 8130. A couple things, be sure the device is set up for mass storage. That way the card will mount to the computer. If that doesn't work, I upgraded to 4.5. That fixed it. If that doesn't work, then you can get a minisd card reader and connect it to your computer to pull the pics off of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 03:06 PM
    so you're saying I need a media card to get pictures off?

I forgot to mention that I don't have a minisd card in my bb, im just using internal memory.. How do I import the photos without the minisd card?
    10-26-08 07:01 PM
    I would suggest getting a card. That way those pics to take up your precious memory. Be sure that there is a check next to Photos and be sure it is turned on in the Photos settings.
    11-01-08 12:59 AM
    do you have bluetooth on your mac?
    thats the only way to get photos off without a sd card, and seeing you can get a 1gb card from walmart for 10 bucks......why not go get one? i got a 4gb for 20....

or simply mms them to your email address.
    Last edited by instrument; 11-01-08 at 07:29 PM.
    11-01-08 07:27 PM
    I recently bought a POS 8310 and I cannot upload photos from the phone to my new macbook. I got missing sync which told me that the transmission failed because the device had to have a card and it had to be installed. So I put in a 1 GB micro SD card and I still get the same error. The generic CrapBerry software doesn't even pretend to allow you to transfer pictures. I've also spent lots of time trying to transfer via bluetooth and I have now given up. I am not using my CB for email so that option is not available to me. I don't know if the transfers work or not on a PC but I cannot figure out how to make it work on a mac. What a ridiculous oversight by the CB makers! Put a camera in the phone and then make it virtually worthless by not allowing file transfers.
    12-06-08 12:25 PM
    I finally figured it out. Yeah! (Just as I was about to drive to the AT&T store to take this phone back.) The phone actually has a very good feature that, if BB would just come out and tell you about, makes this whole thing very simple. So in the interest of saving other people from having to figure it out...

First, install a memory card. They are cheap now. I picked up a 1 GB card from Best Buy for $8. Then on you phone, go to options > Media Card. I have the following settings: Media Card Support: On, Encryption Mode: None, Mass Storage Mode Support: On, Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected: Yes.

In the process of figuring this out, I had unplugged my other USB users and restarted my macbook. My phone now shows up as a separate drive just like a mass storage device, which you can browse through as a normal directory. Hope this helps!
    12-06-08 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD