Hello fellow crackberry/mac users!

I bought Missing Sync on my Mac. I have been using the iCal and Address Book applications when I sync through Missing Sync. I am not happy with the way it syncs with Address Book. For example, when I sync contacts in Address Book, it will list the same phone number in multiple fields (home, mobile, work, etc). Syncing with iCal is not as useful as it seemed before I bought Missing Sync either.

Therefore, I was curious to find out if I am stuck syncing with iCal or if anyone has ever used Entourage to sync contacts, address book, tasks, etc. If so, what are the pros and cons?
    04-08-08 11:49 AM
    Hello fellow crackberry/mac users!

I bought Missing Sync on my Mac. I have been using the iCal and Address Book applications when I sync through Missing Sync. I am not happy with the way it syncs with Address Book. For example, when I sync contacts in Address Book, it will list the same phone number in multiple fields (home, mobile, work, etc). Syncing with iCal is not as useful as it seemed before I bought Missing Sync either.

Therefore, I was curious to find out if I am stuck syncing with iCal or if anyone has ever used Entourage to sync contacts, address book, tasks, etc. If so, what are the pros and cons?
    Since I switched to a Mac in early Jan got the pocket mac right away. Currently use address book, ical, and use entourage for notes and tasks. Also do calender, addressbook as a back up in entourage.

In the beginning if there was any differences it would erase the profile picture in my BB. It was a pain but I corrected all the missed field, numbers and etc manually. Usually once a month I cross reference the BB with my Mac and make changes. Hint when you synch the pocket mac it allows you do each one by ONE. It's a little easy to catch mistakes. Also I kept my IBM notebook and backup everything there.

Hopefully RIM will release a MAC verison someday
    04-08-08 12:26 PM
    Missing Sync does not work correctly with Entourage 2008, so now I have it to overwrite my BlackBerry every time to insure my contacts and calendar do not duplicate. I have an open ticket that MarkSpace wants me to try some things on my end but I just haven't had time. I may end up doing a BES service to make my life easier.
    04-08-08 01:29 PM
    Hey! Thanks for your replies!

I think I should have been a bit more specific. I am using Entourage 2004 (Not 2008)and Missing Sync for BlackBerry. Does it work with Entourage 2004 better than iCal?
    04-08-08 04:24 PM
    I'd really love to know the answer to this as well. I originally used Entourage because it seemed the closest to Outlook (sorry...forced to use it at work). Now tat I'm no longer using a BES i'd like to know which works best...
    06-04-08 12:38 AM
    @ppcmd Do yourself a favor, get BES. I have a BB8330/VZW, hosted MS Exchange/BES with themessagecenter.com (recommended only as a satisfied customer). Works supergreat with Entourage 2008. The things that work well with Entourage/BES are: email, contacts, calendar. Tasks and Notes do NOT sync into Entourage. I hate this. This KILLS me, as I use Blackberry Memopad a lot (1592 notes and counting).

Until yesterday, I'd been running Vista on my Macbook and using *spit* Outlook 2007, and of course it works 100% with Notes and Tasks. I reinstalled single-boot 10.5 on the Macbook yesterday, and find myself unable to create/edit Tasks and Notes on my Macbook, and have them auto-magically go OTA to my Blackberry.

It sucks -- but I can deal with it. Seriously, run don't walk to some ISP. Get a hosted Exchange account and BES working with your blackberry. Using IMAP from your old ISP to new ISP, IMAP-copy your email and then just watch the magic happen.

Laters,
    RMT
    09-24-08 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD