Hi all,

I am in desperate need of help it is so bad that dare I say that I may sell my BB Pearl 8100 and get an iPhone. I have been using macs at home for many years and love it as most do. However after purchasing my BB pearl I first tried using pocket mac again like many with not much success. So then i dropped the 40 bucks on Missing sync thinking well this will solve all my problems and it does work but it seems to always want to delete contacts. I will make contact changes on my mac address book or on my BB and then I go to sync days later and then I notice that certain contacts are completely deleted! And now what has happened they are all out of alphabetical order? and i have doubles and triples of other contacts?? It has done this one and I just reset the whole BB and started fresh however I really don't feel i have to do this every 3 weeks? Hence why now I am really pondering the iPhone. Does anyone have any advice and or help that they can offer! I really love my BB as it is my first one and I really wanted to give a solid try also being a Canadian company i like to support Canadian products.

Thanks in advance!
    01-03-09 06:25 PM
    I have no advice unfortunately, but I want to let you know that you are not alone. I am about to blow my top over this same issue (since PocketMac always crashes, I have to use MissingSync). I've spent the night Googlin' and Yahooin', and there are many complaints about this issue.

What I finally did was go into iSync and delete the sync history, then changed the warning system to alert me to whenever ANY changes are made. It is annoying, but thus far (in limited testing) it has solved some of the issues I was having.

I am going to search a few more hours and if I can't find a workable solution I am just going to change the MissingSync prefs to always overwrite the Blackberry with what is in my Mac address book. If I need to add a contact on the go I will just jot the info down in memopad and create the contact when I get to my desk.
    01-05-09 11:15 PM
    Thank you for your response SaraBear. I appreciate it. I have had to reset my bb 3 times in the past month and half because of this. I will try out those things but you are right about just doing a 1 way sync from the mac to the bb.

I have done some reading in regards to a hope full desktop manager for OS X... However like mentioned above I may turn to the iPhone if it does not come out soon.

Thanks again!
    01-05-09 11:19 PM
    Hi all,

I am in desperate need of help it is so bad that dare I say that I may sell my BB Pearl 8100 and get an iPhone. I have been using macs at home for many years and love it as most do. However after purchasing my BB pearl I first tried using pocket mac again like many with not much success. So then i dropped the 40 bucks on Missing sync thinking well this will solve all my problems and it does work but it seems to always want to delete contacts. I will make contact changes on my mac address book or on my BB and then I go to sync days later and then I notice that certain contacts are completely deleted! And now what has happened they are all out of alphabetical order? and i have doubles and triples of other contacts?? It has done this one and I just reset the whole BB and started fresh however I really don't feel i have to do this every 3 weeks? Hence why now I am really pondering the iPhone. Does anyone have any advice and or help that they can offer! I really love my BB as it is my first one and I really wanted to give a solid try also being a Canadian company i like to support Canadian products.

Thanks in advance!

re: missing sync wanting to delete your contacts, do you have it on sync or replace data on device? I had a similar problem. As per the double contacts, what I did to get rid of that is ensure that all of my contacts on my mac were what i wanted (i.e. no duplicates) and then did a one way sync to my BB. Mac --> BB. Once I did this I have have had no problems.

It tends to ask you which information you want to keep (i.e. you change something on your BB and not on your mac whenever it syncs) which is tedious if you have made many changes. But it has not been all bad to me. My iCal calendars (all Nine (9) of them) sync very well (two way) with missing sync along with itunes integration (which I don't use - I have an iPod).

I hope that this information helps you out.
    01-06-09 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD