Hi Everyone,

So I recently installed missing sync 2.0 but didn't feel like it was worth it for me to ugprade. So I deleted 2.0 and tried to install my original missing sync back on the computer. Now i get an error message saying it can't be installed because the demo period has expired. How do I fix this?
    03-15-09 02:19 AM
    What steps did you actually go through to do this?

Simply deleting the 2.0 app probably isn't good enough since they use an installer to install components, drivers, etc. throughout your system. This is the reason you can't have PM and MS installed at the same time (they install competing system files).

You probably need to use their uninstaller to remove all their installed goodness, restart, install the old MS (be sure you still have your reg #), restart, then sync.
    03-15-09 08:58 AM
    Yeah, I dragged and dropped the program folder in the trash and emptied the trash instead of using the uninstaller... I didn't realize there was an uninstaller until I read some threads... Any other way to get it 'unregistered' on this computer? I guess there was some files left behind which tells them the software was already installed on here in the past. Where can i find this file or clear this up?
    03-15-09 10:51 AM
    Yeah, I dragged and dropped the program folder in the trash and emptied the trash instead of using the uninstaller... I didn't realize there was an uninstaller until I read some threads... Any other way to get it 'unregistered' on this computer? I guess there was some files left behind which tells them the software was already installed on here in the past. Where can i find this file or clear this up?
    I think what you have to do is re-install 2.0.1, in the MS folder in your apps folder will be the MS Uninstaller. Use that and it'll get rid of everything. If you don't still have your Ms downloaded dmg, there's a 2.0.1 "update" dmg on their website somewhere. It has a full version of MS and will ask for your serial if that number isn't still stored in your Mac (which it should be).

Good luck!
    03-15-09 11:09 AM
    I think what you have to do is re-install 2.0.1, in the MS folder in your apps folder will be the MS Uninstaller. Use that and it'll get rid of everything. If you don't still have your Ms downloaded dmg, there's a 2.0.1 "update" dmg on their website somewhere. It has a full version of MS and will ask for your serial if that number isn't still stored in your Mac (which it should be).

Good luck!
    So I just did this. It let me install 2.0 again. Then I went to the MS folder and uninstalled it after I restarted I tried to install 1.0.3 again and still won't work. The message I still get when I try installing 1.0.3. is that the demo period is over and I can't install it on this computer...
    03-15-09 08:51 PM
    So I just did this. It let me install 2.0 again. Then I went to the MS folder and uninstalled it after I restarted I tried to install 1.0.3 again and still won't work. The message I still get when I try installing 1.0.3. is that the demo period is over and I can't install it on this computer...
    Well that's odd and unfortunate. Have you tried contacting M/S about this yet? I'd email or do whatever to contact their tech support. Their may be a receipt file somewhere that doesn't get deleted that prevents you from downgrading.

Only other thing I can think of is to reset your date to whenever you bought MS the first time, try the install again, get your serial entered, and then set your date back. It might still give the same error message ... and I'd be sure you have backups of any databases (contacts, etc.) first; but it might work.
    03-15-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD