Dear all,

I am a heavy MAC user and I am totally in love with my BB Bold. Unfortunately none of these work well together. I have been using Missing Sync with my previous phones, Ericsson P1i and my Imate, it worked beautifully. But with the Bold, I have all these issues:
    1. When I sync the calendar it just erases the appointments on the computer and overwrites it with the handled. It should ask for which info I would like to use?
    2. I can't sync my contacts, I keep on getting an error msg.

These are really frustrating me, because I love my MAC and my BB, but they can't seem to work with each other ??!!!!
    11-15-08 04:17 AM
    I may not have the correct answer here but there are different versions of Missing Sync, for windows mobile, symbian , and blackberry platforms. So you would need the Blackberry Missing Sync in order for it to work with your Bold.
    I have the Blackberry Missing Sync and when I tried out the Bold last week it worked just fine for Ical, contacts, Iphoto, etc.
    But alas, the Bold was not for me. I have used a touch screen for so long now with the Iphone that I could not stand the trackball and the smaller screen. But it is a lovely phone. Do enjoy. I'll be getting the Storm next week.. I hope!
    11-15-08 11:58 AM
    I could not get missing synch to work with my Bold. After days of no sleep I simply gave up. Now thinking of pocketmac or trying to find a synch for m windows PC
    11-15-08 02:20 PM
    I could not get missing synch to work with my Bold. After days of no sleep I simply gave up. Now thinking of pocketmac or trying to find a synch for m windows PC
    That's a shame. It certainly can be frustrating to have a beautiful new toy and not be able to get everything to function correctly. Personally, Missing Sync worked just fine for me.
    11-16-08 12:00 PM
    Txdogs's >> I'm quite the opposite. I love my bold and I'm so ANTI touchscreens. I love keypads and especially the bold's keypads. But in regards to the sync, I have downloaded the missing sync for BB but there are lots of flaws that I just lost hope and gave up !!

DivaBold>> Yah that's what I'm planning to do, is to try the pocket mac since it's free

I really hope RIM develops a desktop manager for MAC!! It's not fair, the PC people have all the advantage..

Come on RIM !!! WE DEMAND FOR A DESKTOP MANAGER FOR MACS!!
    11-18-08 09:57 AM
    Txdogs's >> I'm quite the opposite. I love my bold and I'm so ANTI touchscreens. I love keypads and especially the bold's keypads. But in regards to the sync, I have downloaded the missing sync for BB but there are lots of flaws that I just lost hope and gave up !!

Come on RIM !!! WE DEMAND FOR A DESKTOP MANAGER FOR MACS!!

To each his own for sure. If I had not been using an Iphone for so long I would probably still have the Bold. It really is a gorgeous phone. But I simply did not care for the trackball or the internet experience. I'll be getting the Storm on Friday if I'm lucky and can find one. Don't know what to tell you about Missing Sync. I tried Pocket Mac and it would not work at all. I am still debating with myself about buying and installing Windows on my IMAC.
    11-18-08 08:21 PM
    To change how it syncs, you have to double click on whichever setting you want to change. For example, if you want to switch the calendar sync to a one-way from iCal to the BlackBerry, double click on the "Calendar" in the list of syncing services.
    11-19-08 10:45 AM
    i love using missing sync. i have no problems at all
    11-20-08 01:49 AM
    but sooner or later it probably will happen
    11-20-08 01:49 AM
    It is interesting to hear about people's experiences with the same
    devices that I have. I have a Bold and Storm (wife and I)
    and we heavily use the Missing Sync for BlackBerry and it works
    great. Now usually if people are having issues it can be something
    going on which your data or sync services. You may want to look in
    that direction for solutions...however over all it is all good for us.
    11-24-08 02:10 PM
    Hi Folks, - I need clarification about Missing Sync and updating software. I'm getting a Bold tomorrow (the forums were great in helping me decide on which BB to order) and I have an iMac desktop. I've downloaded Missing Sync the for BB to it. Am I correct in thinking I can use that to sync the contacts, calendar and iTunes music but need to update BB software using my laptop PC? The PC has Windows Vista. I'm changing from a Palm Treo 700wx so haven't ever used my iMac with a cell phone. Will I need to put BB desk manager on the laptop in order to update? I'm hoping to get this show off to as smooth a start as possible without wiping out data on my first BB day. Thanks.
    11-26-08 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD