Yesterday I got my New (and first!) BB Curve in the mail, which has already revolutionized my work and social life! I have installed Missing Sync and synced my calender, task, contacts and notes. Everything synced up fine but when I sync my contacts, only the contacts from my address book on my laptop are being synced to my phone. The contacts on my phone didn't get added to my computer. I have tried it multiple times and to no avail. Under settings I have synchronize checked for all contacts. Shoot me a message on my BB messenger if you have a solution, cause I have yet to use it, or just post up a reply on here. Thanks in advance for the help and it is great to be a part of the BB community.
    10-09-08 07:25 PM
    Ok so got an email back from Mark|Space tech support with these directions

Try resetting Sync Services:

1. Go to iCal and click the 'File' menu and choose 'Back up iCal'
    2. Now revert to the same database you just backed up, click on the 'File' menu and choose 'Restore iCal'
    3. Do the same process for Address Book click the 'File' menu and choose 'Export - Address Book Archive'
    4. Now revert to the same database you just backed up, click on the 'Import' menu and choose 'Address Book Archive'

Steps 1 through 4 are key to the process, they are not just a backup, but the revert part forces a reset of the relationship between Sync Services and iCal and Address Book.

5. Launch the iSync application, found in the /Applications/ folder. (iSync is not used for the sync, but iSync is where Apple handles Sync Services Preferences.)
    6. Click on the iSync menu
    7. Choose Preferences
    8. Click the 'Reset Sync History' button. Read and follow the onscreen directions.
    9. This may or may not launch iCal. When the reset process has begun the button will go grey, it is complete when the button becomes active again, but there is no need to re-click it.
    10. Restart the Mac
    11. Soft reset your BlackBerry. Turn it off, pull the battery for 3 minutes, put it back and turn on.
    12. In Missing Sync for BlackBerry, double click the Calendar plugin and reselect the calendar for the field: "Put events created on the device into:"
    13. In Missing Sync for BlackBerry, double click the Tasks plugin and reselect the calendar for the field: "Put Tasks created on the device into:"

Then, try the sync again.

Didn't help me. So we will see what happens next. Just to clarify, contacts I create on my phone sync to my computer but all the contacts that I transfered to my BB from my old phone won't sync into my address book on my computer.
    10-09-08 08:35 PM
    Ok finally got this solved. After the above step Mark|Space advised me to do this.

Try this more inclusive reset;

Open Terminal on the Mac found at /Applications/Utilities/ and then Copy and Paste into Terminal everything between the lines:

--------------------------------------
    #! /bin/sh
    killall SyncServer
    rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/SyncServices/*
    rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Missing\ Sync\ for\ BlackBerry/*
    open /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Mac.prefPane
    open /Applications/Safari.app
    open /Applications/iCal.app
    open /Applications/Address\ Book.app
    --------------------------------------

Reboot the Mac.
    Open iCal and create a fake event, wait 30 minutes and then quit iCal.
    Open Missing Sync for BlackBerry.
    Open the calendar plugin settings, and reselect one of your calendars in the field "Put events created on the device into"
    Open the tasks plugin settings, and reselect one of your calendars in the field "Put tasks created on the device into"

Then try the sync again.

Worked perfectly. Got all my contacts on both my phone and my computer. Updating to 4.5 as we speak.
    10-10-08 03:09 PM
    I'm sorry I'm totally confused... what does contacts have anything to do with iCal?
    10-14-08 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD