04-28-09 12:04 PM
36 12
tools
    I was a bit pessimistic after reading so many horror stories here and elsewhere about MS. So I downloaded and installed the trial today once I got home from picking up my new Curve. Got a couple of error messages on first sync related to inappropriate characters in my calendar names (commas). After correcting those, however, everything has worked great.

I even ran a little test where I changed a contact's name on my BB and added her email address on the Mac ... worked flawlessly.

Anyway, I'll post up my adventures for the next week or so as I'm testing out the software and breaking in my Curve. I'm going to install the trial on my wife's Mac, too, and see how it goes there. Fingers are crossed for flawless operation.

So far, so good.
    03-27-09 07:50 PM
    I haven't posted anything out of fear of jinxing anything based on other people's posts...

But I use the proximity sync (Bluetooth) with Missing Sync 2.0.1 and it works great with over 2400 contacts. At the same time I have Google Sync installed on the BlackBerry, along with the leaked Facebook 1.5 that syncs. On the Mac, Address Book also syncs with Entourage and Plaxo. It all just works.

Never could get PocketMac working right.
    03-27-09 08:26 PM
    See ... I didn't even try PocketMac because this proximity sync thing is PERFECT for my wife. If it keeps working as advertised, then I'm going to install it on her Mac this weekend. Only hiccup for me is that since I'm using the free trial, it reminds me of that every time the app opens on my Mac. Solution: don't close it. BT proximity sync even working from the other room, which is nice.
    03-28-09 06:41 AM
    so what is proximity sync and where do i get it?
    03-28-09 02:41 PM
    so what is proximity sync and where do i get it?
    Let me google that for you
    03-28-09 04:26 PM
    lol... dont know why i didnt try that.. sorry.
    03-28-09 04:29 PM
    I'm looking for the trial... could you post the link? I can't find it on the MS site. Thanks!
    03-28-09 06:25 PM
    I'm not at my home compy, but I'm pretty sure it's www.markspace.com/download. There might be an s @ the end. Just grab the 2.0.1 update. GL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 11:18 PM
    I must be missing something, but I can't find a trial version of this. And I'm certainly not shelling out $40 for it without trying it.

EDIT: Found it at The Missing Sync for BlackBerry Download - Softpedia
    Last edited by YMark; 03-28-09 at 11:51 PM.
    03-28-09 11:45 PM
    MS 2.0.1 is working pretty well here, altho I use it only for contacts. My calendar info is at Google, and that sync is flawless. GCal also syncs with iCal, so I am happy with that solution.

I'd use Google exclusively if would allow me to store my clients by Company Name as AddressBook.app does.
    03-29-09 05:33 PM
    Missing Sync is working for me. I'm not syncing contacts, because I keep my BB contacts separate from my Entourage contacts. The proximity sync over bluetooth is pretty cool.

I'm still pondering on whether to drop $40 on this. Seems a little steep to me.
    03-29-09 08:20 PM
    Still working flawlessly for me; but didn't work as well on my wife's MacBook. Hmmmmm.... I'm going to have to play around some more.

The problem with her computer is that it isn't syncing "all day" events properly. It duplicated some, and then stretches the duplicates over 24 hours rather than just making them "all day." Thankfully I backed up the database.
    03-29-09 10:24 PM
    Well ... I got it working. I think the problem was related to old calendar items from a previous version of iCal. I restored the calendars, re-installed MS, restarted the BB, and manually fixed a couple of the all day events that wigged out again on sync. Also, I limited the sync on her phone to 2 months into the future, which was key since she had 2000+ total events.

Anyway, all of that seemed to fix the problems and everything else is running super smoothly.
    03-31-09 12:07 PM
    Duplicate contacts if you have a person in multiple categories?
    Happens on PocketSync and also MissingSync 2.0.

I've resorted to one way sync with a wipe of the contacts before to avoid the duplicate issue.
    03-31-09 07:44 PM
    Duplicate contacts if you have a person in multiple categories?
    Happens on PocketSync and also MissingSync 2.0.

I've resorted to one way sync with a wipe of the contacts before to avoid the duplicate issue.
    Thanks for the tip; but I never had a problem with duplicate contacts.

Cheers.
    ~d.
    03-31-09 08:30 PM
    I've been using Missing Sync for about 5 months now and have never had a problem with it.
    04-01-09 03:55 PM
    Hopefully someone can help me. I'm trying to do my initail sync with usb.
    But some some reason it keeps wanting to do it over the bluetooth and always
    throws up that error saying first sync has to be done using usb. Can someone shed some light for me.

Shpanks!

04-02-09 12:04 AM
    Hopefully someone can help me. I'm trying to do my initail sync with usb.
    But some some reason it keeps wanting to do it over the bluetooth and always
    throws up that error saying first sync has to be done using usb. Can someone shed some light for me.

Shpanks!

Try shutting the bluetooth connection and sync it through USB. Worse comes to worse, reinstall the application. I know, it'll be a pain in the a** but...anyway, make sure you uninstall by going through application>MissingSync>uninstaller and not use AppZapper.
    04-02-09 07:58 PM
    Try shutting the bluetooth connection and sync it through USB. Worse comes to worse, reinstall the application. I know, it'll be a pain in the a** but...anyway, make sure you uninstall by going through application>MissingSync>uninstaller and not use AppZapper.
    Yeah ... just turn BT off on the phone and do your first USB sync. That'll work.
    04-02-09 10:05 PM
    finally something that works with the bold! thanks a bunch! i was loosing my mind with the pocketmac! i downloaded the trial of missing sync and i am definitely going to purchase!
    04-03-09 03:39 PM
    I am back to the older version. Nothing but problems with 2.0.1
    lots of duplicates in calendar and addresses. tried everything nothing worked. waiting for a version that works.
    04-08-09 01:38 AM
    can anyone assist me in loading "missing sync" application to my 8900? I have downloaded application to my MACbook and when I go download to my device I get an error message "the item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" Thank you if you can assist...
    04-10-09 08:24 PM
    Yeah ... just turn BT off on the phone and do your first USB sync. That'll work.
    I downloaded the app for the phone. It always tries to sync over BT

These are the errors i get if i turn off bluetooth on the computer

Thats what happens.....
    04-12-09 03:51 PM
    Also when i check my extensions, i am not seeing a RIM usb or anything like that.
    04-12-09 03:53 PM
    I am getting the same problems as the previous poster...any updates on this?
    04-13-09 08:32 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD