06-21-11 01:30 PM
35 12
tools
    Just thought id make a special trip on here to big up "Missing Sync" by Mark/Space...

Ive had nothing but issues trying to get PocketMac to work:
    duplicate all day events on sync,
    all day events appearing on the preceding day to where they should be,
    not syncing at all,
    only syncing half my address book,
    deleting everything from my bb....

But to my amazement... ive recently downloaded the trial of "Missing Sync"... and... IT WORKS... oh my god... it works....

So if your having issues with pocketmac... give it a go... yeah, it casts money which is never good... but in this case i think its worth it!...

toodle pip...
    09-06-08 02:46 PM
    Missing Sync is a good program - I use it. But I'll be pleased when Rim finally gets their act together on a Desktop Manager program for Mac that is on par with their Windows offering.
    09-06-08 05:47 PM
    Just thought id make a special trip on here to big up "Missing Sync" by Mark/Space...

not syncing at all,

But to my amazement... ive recently downloaded the trial of "Missing Sync"... and... IT WORKS... oh my god... it works....

So if your having issues with pocketmac... give it a go... yeah, it casts money which is never good... but in this case i think its worth it!...

toodle pip...
    Pocket Mac was terrible and I have to say Missing Synch was ok. That's why I'm running boot camp with windows on mac airbook so I can use the desktop manager.
    09-06-08 05:59 PM
    LOVE MY CURVE 8330 and it's only been 4 days!!!!!

But I've been researching DM's 4 my baby (PowerBook 10.5.4) and my choices are Pocketmac or Missing Sync? Ok. So one you pay for and one you don't. Short of contacting Mr. Job's peeps to ask 4 a DM made for Mac, is there anything else?

Thanx.
    09-06-08 10:47 PM
    crack (serial key) for missing sync.I can't find it on the internet.anyone has?? Share it for me.Thanks a lot
    09-07-08 08:22 AM
    crack (serial key) for missing sync.I can't find it on the internet.anyone has?? Share it for me.Thanks a lot
    man don't ask for that crap. Im a n00b here for less than 5 days, and even I know that you don't ask for that crap on forums.
    09-07-08 09:53 AM
    man don't ask for that crap. Im a n00b here for less than 5 days, and even I know that you don't ask for that crap on forums.
    thats more than right asking for things like that will get great forums like this shutdown not a cool move
    10-03-08 01:54 PM
    Another THRILLED "missing sync" user here.

I have pulled my hair out trying to get "pocketmac" to work, and gave up after trying countless times.

A friend suggested missing sync to me. I hesitated because I wanted to make the free program work ... why pay for something if I can get it working for free, right?

I am sooooo glad that I took the plunge and purchased missing sync. It is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-03-08 11:11 PM
    Another THRILLED "missing sync" user here.

I have pulled my hair out trying to get "pocketmac" to work, and gave up after trying countless times.

A friend suggested missing sync to me. I hesitated because I wanted to make the free program work ... why pay for something if I can get it working for free, right?

I am sooooo glad that I took the plunge and purchased missing sync. It is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG, ditto here. I tried for 3 whole days last week to get it PM to work. I just kept thinking, "God....$40????" so I persisted to try.

I got so fed up one night uninstalling/reinstalling/uninstalling/reinstalling PM the million of different ways I found on Google, that I said F-it and bought Missing Sync.

5 minutes and everything was synced. Just the way I wanted.

The price for MS is a little high, but when I think of all the hours and frustrations I went through for days, weeks, etc.....I should've shelled out the $40 MUCH sooner.

HAPPY MISSING SYNC user here.
    10-04-08 09:12 AM
    Uninstalled PocketMac today in favor of Missing Sync....

However, I still can't get Itune playlists to download. I get the music just fine but it isn't organized. Even tried doing it the other way creating folders and dragging them over to the BB.

Anybody have success with playlists?
    10-07-08 08:09 AM
    I'm another happy MissingSync user here. I read all of the issues (and successes) people were having with Pocket Mac and just figured it was worth my time, and maintaining the "Mac Experience" to just shell out the extra cash for the app from the beginning. On the rare occasion when I have had any issues with the app not syncing properly to my 8100, a quick reset of the sync history has taken care of it. Though for some odd reason it wants to re-download "Electrical Storm" by U2 every time I sync. even though the song hasn't changed...
    10-24-08 11:45 PM
    I'm glad to use Missing sync. It works on the mac side of the house with ical and address book-I've not tried using its desktop manager on the windows side.

More importantly though, when I've had issues, customer service actually gets back to you! That made the bucks worth it to me.
    10-25-08 05:36 PM
    Masterpro, why don't you just do what everyone else does, and BUY the program? Purchasing it legally helps the company.

I did my research before purchasing missing sync. I heard from too many people that pocket mac was no good. I did have a couple of issues with missing sync, but once those were cleared up I've had no problems at all.

I always make sure I do a soft reset on my BB, and a restart of my Mac before I sync.
    11-03-08 06:04 PM
    I have been using Missing Sync for almost a year. PocketMac was a total failure.

However, I had to pay money for Missing Sync. In the meantime, my wife, who is a Windows user, is able to do all the sync and backup operations for her Pearl that RIM had in mind when they designed the hand-held device. She uses BlackBerry Desktop Manager, supplied for free by RIM. I, as a Mac user, am left out in the cold.

And Missing Sync is far from perfect. Every now and again--as, for example, this morning--I have to spend about a half hour re-setting Sync History settings on my Macintosh, doing a battery pull on my Curve, re-starting my Mac, etc., etc., etc., just to keep my Contacts list from being deleted or corrupted.

I'm done. I've had it. I will be switching over to an iPhone as soon as I'm eligible for an upgrade. I'm already on AT&T, and I use only a Macintosh iBook G4, so I don't have Boot Camp or any other program that allows me to boot Windows. (I don't want to have to boot Windows to solve this problem, anyway.)

I am just dumbfounded that RIM is forcing potential BB fans like me to flee to the iPhone. I didn't really want to do that--but I have to have a device that will talk to my computer, or it's worthless. And if I have to spend a half-hour of re-setting every two or three months just to keep the thing in sync, the whole system becomes more trouble than it's worth.
    11-08-08 08:16 AM
    I've never had success with missing sync on my mac. Right now I use google calendar to sync my calendars. Music gets transfered manually (drag and drop). Addresses aren't synced though. Hoping for some ap that will work like google calendar.
    11-08-08 09:33 AM
    I am ready to make the Missing Sync plunge...just one question. I want to upgrade to the latest BB software; will Missing Sync help me do this? If not, what other options does a Mac user have to upgrade BB software?
    11-11-08 09:16 AM
    I am ready to make the Missing Sync plunge...just one question. I want to upgrade to the latest BB software; will Missing Sync help me do this? If not, what other options does a Mac user have to upgrade BB software?

Do you have Boot Camp or Parallels? If so, just use the Blackberry DM. I have Missing Sync, but I mainly purchased it so that I wouldn't lose any of my contacts. Since I've joined the site, there are several more things that I want from a syncing software that I wasn't aware of before. I think I'm going to load the DM on the Windows side because I haven't seen the options that you're asking about in Missing Sync. And if I'm wrong, can someone please help both of us???
    11-12-08 07:50 PM
    anyone try mac with the storm yet?
    11-15-08 11:00 PM
    Hi.. Can any one tell me where I can buy missing sync and is it available thru the internet? Thanks guys..
    11-24-08 12:41 PM
    I have tried with my Storm and it is working great. This is the only
    mac solution that can sync to my BlackBerry Storm and my Bold, Thank Goodness :-)

You can get Missing Sync from their main home page.
    11-24-08 01:04 PM
    Hi.. Can any one tell me where I can buy missing sync and is it available thru the internet? Thanks guys..
    here you go MissingSync for BB
    11-24-08 01:12 PM
    Will missingsync work with the storm ?
    11-24-08 01:36 PM

not syncing at all,

toodle pip...
    Where can I find a trial? I don't want to shell out $40 for this until I know it will work.

I would have never put up with this kind of problem with the PM if it happened with my Iphone and Itunes on Windows, when I used my PC but now that I have my IMac I won't go back to a PC again.
    but Itunes on my windows worked fine. I don't get why I have to shell out $40 just to get my Bold to sync with my Address book. I've had this phone a week and I've had way to many issues getting it to work properly. Ugggg. I hope I can return it and just stick with my Iphone.
    11-24-08 02:41 PM
    here you go MissingSync for BB
    Thanks.. appreciate it
    11-24-08 03:50 PM
    There is another thread that talks about syning your storm/mac, using pocket mac. I had trouble syncing with pocket mac, untill I tried a few of the things suggested in that thread. To be honest, I don't know exactly what it was I did in the process, but it ended up working pretty well. The only problem I have now is getting my itunes onto my phone. If anyone can tell me, in a directions for dummies sort of way, I'd be grateful! Thanks in advance.
    11-26-08 08:50 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD