05-03-09 01:34 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    Here's the new link for anyone having the "SMS Listener" problem:

mirror/markspace.com/273/bb2.jad

Good luck!
    02-20-09 02:38 PM
    I finally got M/S 2.0 working tonight. It works well now. Hopefully my problems are behind me. It required a 2 week support case with markspace to get it working but it does seem to be working now and over bluetooth, too! I don't use proximity sync. I manually start it and now I can take that usb cable thing and toss it in a drawer. Yay!
    03-04-09 09:58 PM
    I just downloaded and installed MS 2.0 for use with my MacBook Aluminum and Verizon BB Storm. At first it didn't want to work and kept giving me errors. Then I did something CRAZY! I read the error messages and fixed the things that needed fixing. My first sync with USB went well. Then...I got all crazy again and did a BT sync. All went remarkably well. PocketMac is now uninstalled from my Mac. Calender, Contacts, Tasks, and Music are my primary sync items. Music NEEDS to be done with USB. Everything else seems to do very well with BT. I was about to be very frustrated with this software, but after reading, trying a few things, and working through my own stupidity (and a few dumb settings by mark/space) it's all good. I'll be sure to post if I run into any further problems. For now...YIPPY!!! I have a decent syncing solution on my Mac!
    03-05-09 05:49 PM
    I have to give up on M/S 2.0. It simply does not like to sync my calendar.

Anybody know the link to download the device-side file over the air? (I still have the mac application).

Thanks very much.

Miles
    03-05-09 09:09 PM
    Taylor, are there any particular changes that you made that you would recommend? I was thinking of purchasing M/S this weekend
    03-06-09 07:57 AM
    I have to give up on M/S 2.0. It simply does not like to sync my calendar.

Anybody know the link to download the device-side file over the air? (I still have the mac application).

Thanks very much.

Miles
    I would open a support ticket if MS fails to sync calendar. There are some rather involved steps to get it working again. After uploading several log files, I got a list of about 10 terminal commands to try. Calendar sync worked on the very next sync, which happened to be after I registered the software as the trial ran out before I could get it working. Now I've got it working over bluetooth with no runaway record duplication. It should have worked from day 1, but at least it's working now.
    03-06-09 08:26 PM
    i'm using this program at the moment and to be honest the proximity sync really annoyed me so i had to turn it off... i can's get any of the functions to work though and only manage to sync my contacts. Everything else results in error messages. not sure if i'm doing anything wrong though... eg it says no calendar was specified and to the best of my knowlege i only have ONE calendar plus it doesn't give me any means of specifying anything anyway...
    03-07-09 07:59 AM
    I am completely underwhelmed by 2.0 of Missing Sync. I keep finding little (and not so little) annoyances and am pretty close to giving up and going back to Pocket Mac! I thought the first version of Missing Sync was great BTW.

I had a lot of trouble installing it on my Macbook running 10.5.6 and installing the bb app on my (old) ATT Curve 8300 (OS 4.5.0.110). I have learned my lesson with various sync apps so I made sure to back up EVERYTHING before giving this a try. Here's a list of issues I've had so far:
    (1) wiped the contacts on my BB completely during the first sync via USB--it downloaded the contacts to Address Book and then wiped the BB clean. I solved this issue by making a new Address Book group and telling MS to sync with that group only. (note: I keep Address Book archives and have dupes in Entourage in case of emergencies)
    (2) I sync my calendar with Google Sync OTA and don't use iCal or Missing Sync for calendar syncing. Still, even with calendar syncing disabled, Missing Sync somehow messed up Google Sync and I had to delete the CICAL service books for all my email accounts (except my google account) to get it to work again. I ended up deleting all events from the device and restoring from GCal. (pain. in. the. ***.)
    (3) ringtone settings were changed (someone else mentioned this higher up in the thread)
    (4) Photo sync is wonky--the app on the bb itself does something weird to the file directory structure on the media card. Latest weirdness? I could see a photo I had taken just fine from the media browser or the camera "view pictures", yet I couldn't find it using "attach file" when composing an email. The file is there--when I got home I hooked up the bb via USB in Mass Storage Mode and I could see it. I am thinking I may have to do something like download all the photos on the device, make a new iPhoto Album, delete all the photos from the media card and then sync to get them back. (really. really. annoying)

I have been able to get the bluetooth sync to work, but it is very S-L-O-W. I guess that's a bluetooth issue but since that's the big advantage of 2.0 over 1.x, I'm not so sure it's all that great.

oh well
    03-07-09 05:56 PM
    I cant believe that Mark/Space hasnt done anything yet to address the failure rate of this new version. Whats the point of using it when it actually causes you more work and grief!
    03-07-09 06:14 PM
    And this is exactly why I'm not ready to "upgrade" to 2.0!

Think I'll just stick to what I have now...I have enough problems with my current version anyway.

It takes MANY tries to get MS to sync
    I have duplicate calendar entries on my BB.
    Good thing I don't rely solely on my calendar on my Berry!
    03-08-09 01:05 AM
    Here's the new link for anyone having the "SMS Listener" problem:

mirror/markspace.com/273/bb2.jad

Good luck!
    So, I'm having issues with this newest update that came out this week (I was running v 2.0 fine on my 8330) - there were permission errors, ect. with this newest version and it wouldn't even open MS on my CB.

For craps and giggles, I downloaded this device link you've got and it made MS work again on my CB! BUT, I need the 'match' version for my mac (or so says the error log when I did the '1st' sync).

Do you know how I get this matching version for my mac (10.5.6 macbook)??? Everything on the Markspace site makes me download this new crap version.

Many thanks in advance!!!
    03-18-09 09:30 PM
    Having all the same problems.

Unhappy in Canada
    03-18-09 10:58 PM
    After I received a pop up during a ms 1.0, I downloaded the ms 2.0. what i didn't realize is that you had to redo everything. I mean as if it was never installed on my BB Bold or my computer. also, before you re-install on to the BB device remember to unistall the old version. After about 35 minutes and reading and re-reading the installation directions (sometimes it takes that for me , I was able to figure it out, and now 2.0 works just as good as it did with 1.0, however i am only downloading contacts and my calender. i want to download music, but i keep getting a error message for my plugin
    05-03-09 01:34 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD