05-03-09 01:34 PM
88 1234
tools
    It looks like missing sync is marked for deletion on my Macbook. I've had a support case open since Feb 9th and they are blowing me off. So rather than pay at the end of my trial... I set up google sync with ical and address. It took a little hacking plist files and I had to borrow my son's itouch for half an hour but if OTA sync works I can throw that usb cable in the trash and mark/space with it.
    will take me FOREVER to sync phone numbers and addresses with gmail.. can we even DO addresses in google?
    02-13-09 01:43 AM
    Curious as to why you needed to hack plist files to get Google Sync to work.

I use Google Sync for the calendar, but I do not like the fact that you can only sync 4 weeks back. Contact sync works ok, but not as thorough as Missing Sync 2.0. Missing Sync properly syncs contact photos, birthdays, PIN ID's, etc.

It looks like missing sync is marked for deletion on my Macbook. I've had a support case open since Feb 9th and they are blowing me off. So rather than pay at the end of my trial... I set up google sync with ical and address. It took a little hacking plist files and I had to borrow my son's itouch for half an hour but if OTA sync works I can throw that usb cable in the trash and mark/space with it.
    02-13-09 01:55 AM
    HEre's my latest reply...
    Hello,

We have seen that when the core BlackBerry applications (Tasks or Memos) are deleted on the BlackBerry this error will display, its been documented here and Engineering is looking at ways around this issue. Hopefully there will be an update soon to address this issue.

Reinstalling the BlackBerry Tasks' application will correct this issue. Unfortunately at this time, this can only be done on a Windows PC or through a virtual PC environment.
    02-13-09 02:22 PM
    I upgraded to MS version 2.0 last night. After syncing I have only about 15 contacts on my storm. I should have over 400. My contacts are still on my MAC, but I am unable to get them back to the Storm.

I get an error in MS that says "Blackberry devices running OS version 4.2 and greater cannot accept contact records without names." My contacts in AddressBook have names.

I also get an error on the Storm after a soft reset that says: "java.lang.nullPointerException". Does any one have any suggestions?
    This happened to me to, and it royally F'd my BB contacts. I went from 217 (most I could have, coming from address book) to something like 458, all of which were empty and 1 random full contact.

And that JAVA error you get, unless my instance was abnormal, that's a corruption in the either the phone, or the contacts. Not sure which, but I'm leaning towards phone).

But after this, I couldn't synch with anything. PM, which has always "worked" for me just not w/o error, wouldn't even overwrite the phone from the MAC.

MS basically screwed up a phone that until that point was working perfectly, I had to install .103 at work, and just tried PM at home (worked, mostly, as always).

As a side note, does anyone have a DMG of MS 1.0.3? I prefer this way over PM, but when I tried the beta I failed to backup 1.0.3. Or, does anyone know where I could find it on the web? I've been looking for 2 days with no luck. Thanks.
    02-14-09 07:04 AM
    I heard from M/S on my issue. They suggest I do a one time sync with Mac overwrites BB and set keep appointments to forever on the BB. I'll give it a try this weekend.

I've made some progress investigating iphone and while I'm still not impressed with the touchscreen, the idea of having access to the kindle ebook library, access to tens of thousands of useful apps along with trouble free cloud sync is very tempting.

My attempts to sync with google contacts from my Macbook and from my BB were not successful. One time I wound up with almost triple contacts. Then I wiped all my google contacts hoping my Mac addresses would simply sync and still wound up with 1000 extras on the gmail end. Where they came from I don't know.

One thing I do is have a lot of extra notes on my contacts so I'm doing a cleanup so phone numbers are always digits and all notes are where they belong. Also I'm fixing dozens of cases where email addresses got lumped into the phone "other" field.

Nothing is more frustrating than trying to email from my bb but instead having the thing offer to dial an email address and I have to take the time to cut/paste it to an email field instead of the "other" (phone) field it's sitting in. I don't know who originally munged the information. It might have been Palm Desktop, address or gmail contacts but I've got some cleanup to do on both contacts and calendar.

At least my data is safe but right now my data only lives on scheduleworld for calendar and Macbook for contacts. Not exactly seamless.
    Last edited by r0k; 02-14-09 at 07:47 AM.
    02-14-09 07:45 AM
    I contacted the PR person for Missing Sync after I started this thread letting them know there are a ton of issues and even provided them a link to this thread. I have yet to hear anything back from them at all. Which is odd because this person has always kept in contact with me. (Sends me the latest versions to review for TheiPhoneBlog.) Very poor on their part...
    02-14-09 11:29 AM
    I am emailing monday for refund... I am now using google sync... issues... I like managing my music manually anyway... pics too...
    02-14-09 06:28 PM
    Is anyone here able to sync the Storm with a Mac running 10.5.6. As Don mentioned, BB1 does not show up.
    Those people who are getting it to work: does bb1 show up or not?
    I have 10.5.6. BB1 does not show up, but MS 2.0 works with no problems for me. I had given the beta a try and reverted as there were too many bugs. However, the current version is what really should have been in 1.3. I love the proximity sync and now playlists actually show up as playlists on my Storm. Time to finally retire my nano. Anyway, MS works great for me and I would recommend it to anyone.
    02-14-09 07:24 PM
    I have 10.5.6. BB1 does not show up, but MS 2.0 works with no problems for me. I had given the beta a try and reverted as there were too many bugs. However, the current version is what really should have been in 1.3. I love the proximity sync and now playlists actually show up as playlists on my Storm. Time to finally retire my nano. Anyway, MS works great for me and I would recommend it to anyone.
    I am shocked I am reading this actually lol...

Your the first !
    Guess we're all doing something wrong then !!! lol
    02-14-09 08:52 PM

Your the first !
    Just lucky I guess. You know what they say though...I'd rather be lucky than good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:55 PM
    apparently it doesnt work with the storm if you do tasks or memo pad
    02-15-09 05:37 PM
    apparently it doesnt work with the storm if you do tasks or memo pad
    Again, I guess I'm lucky. I currently sync Calendar, Contacts, SMS, Tasks, Music, Videos, Call Log and Notes. Of course, I don't do videos over BT. I can one or 2 songs at a time using BT, but anything larger requires USB. That being said, I've had a few hiccups here and there. I had to restart the app on my Storm once, but really nothing major (and I'm pretty easy to irritate when tech products don't work as advertised.

The more I use this the more I like it. I love walking into the house after work and my phone syncing automatically. I can buy something on iTunes and presto...it's on my phone. Very cool.

I know I'm not much help...I didn't do anything special to get this to work for me. I just did a USB sync (there were a few conflicts) then did a BT sync.
    02-15-09 09:58 PM
    my bad...i think i was playing socom and typing at the same time...

i meant to say, apparently it doesnt work if you delete tasks or memo pad
    02-15-09 10:03 PM
    Hi all,

I received an email today from BB tech with a link to a new JAR file to try out. Going to try it tonight or tomorrow hopefully. Anyone else got the same and had a chance to try it out?

Thanks
    02-17-09 03:54 PM
    how's missing sync treating mac and bb users?
    is it better than pocketmac?
    02-17-09 05:49 PM
    Hi all,

I received an email today from BB tech with a link to a new JAR file to try out. Going to try it tonight or tomorrow hopefully. Anyone else got the same and had a chance to try it out?

Thanks
    where is that, please share..
    02-18-09 09:39 AM
    how's missing sync treating mac and bb users?
    is it better than pocketmac?
    the previous version of MS was reprotedly working much betterthan PM. However, the new version (v2) of MS has been very problematic as you can see from this thread.
    02-18-09 10:00 AM

Your the first !
    Currently I do all my syncing via my windows PC. I've been wanting for a long time to sync with my MacBook but there doesnt seem to be an app that does this without any problems.

XX, I am shocked too upon reading Mach's reply. He seems to be the only one here thats gotten MS to work without any issues; which based on the issues others are having, is hard to believe.

02-18-09 10:21 AM
    Using a Bold and MacBook - had installed V One - it was dodgy at best and I was never really happy with it. Installed V2 yesterday - was flawless as far as installs went - worked perfectly the first time. Put it through all the tests over the past 24 hours - had to re-boot once - very happy. Synchs perfectly using Bluetooth - not a fast USB. Worth the money for the upgrade.
    02-18-09 10:42 AM
    Using a Bold and MacBook - had installed V One - it was dodgy at best and I was never really happy with it. Installed V2 yesterday - was flawless as far as installs went - worked perfectly the first time. Put it through all the tests over the past 24 hours - had to re-boot once - very happy. Synchs perfectly using Bluetooth - not a fast USB. Worth the money for the upgrade.
    Thanks ewp for telling how it worked for you. I'm still not ready to fork over any money for it yet since yours is just the 2nd positive thing I've read about this app in a sea of negative.

Just one question for you- is this your first installation of missing sync? I ask because it seems to me that everyone that has so many issues with it installed the newest version over the old and I am wondering if thats why they are experiencing so many problems as opposed to a fresh install.
    02-18-09 11:55 AM
    I installed MS 2.0 directly over 1.0. I am running an older lampshade iMac and am still on 10.4.11. Syncing to a BBerry 8830 with 4.5.0.127. I have sync'ed multiple times and it works great. Much better than MS 1.0 for me. I am syncing calendar, call log, contacts, notes, SMS log and tasks. I worked up slowly, adding one item each sync and it works every time. I haven't done a BT sync yet. I plug the BBerry in at night to charge and hit sync before I unplug it in the morning. Takes a minute or so.

DB
    02-18-09 12:14 PM
    Again, I guess I'm lucky. I currently sync I just did a USB sync (there were a few conflicts) then did a BT sync.
    How? I've tried uninstalling desktop, reinstalling, with device software, without. Hard resets and soft. Both the desktop and the device want a bluetooth connection, then when they get one they say you need USB. The cable is plugged directly into the back of the IMAC. I have never seen BB1 or BB@ on the desktop, but at least before the update it synced (with problems, like deleting contacts). I was so hoping this would fix the problems. Now it won't work at all. Do you have to plug BB in at a certain point? Chant? sing? I'll try!
    02-18-09 06:24 PM
    I am officially giving up..
    I am using Google sync...
    It's flawless
    Gonna ask for refund, I know I won't get it...
    02-19-09 02:56 AM
    Its far from flawless, but after a week or two (whenever it came out), mine works the majority of the time. It occassionally duplicates stuff seemingly at random - stuff that was the exact same on both devices previously, and often where the BB one was originally created on the Mac. I'd like better, but its still by far the best I've seen.
    02-19-09 09:48 AM
    After having used this since it was released (and post #4), I'm happy to say that I still haven't had any problems with the new version.

For s***ts and giggles, have downloaded the new jad and will give that a whirl over the next few days before my trial expires.
    02-19-09 05:01 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD