05-03-09 12:34 PM
88 1234
tools
    Wow, I guess I got lucky. Mine works, but only if I sync it once by USB first every time I turn on the Mac before I can sync by Bluetooth. And even when it doesn't, it just doesn't do anything, doesn't delete any data from either the BB or the MacBook.
    02-10-09 04:54 PM
    tried to sync with my storm and got a connection error so i posted on markspace forum and got a cookie cutter response even though i already posted that i tried their "fixes"...

so now i have a ticket open.

on another note, i only have blackberry 2 show up on my desktop and not blackberry 1...GUHGUHGUH
    02-10-09 05:17 PM
    oh I forgot to mention... after the initial usb sync, in order to use proximity sync (via bluetooth), you do need to download an app from your BB. The setup wizard gives you a link to do this (actually, I wasn't going to bother with the wizard at first but I'm glad I did, because otherwise it would have taken me much longer to realize that I needed to download the app to the phone, and where to find it).

I'm suprised that folks are having so many issues. It's working quite well for me (though admittedly, I'm only syncing notes and contacts). I have now made changes in both directions (mac > bb and bb>mac) with no problems.

Well, that's not entirely true... I've had to go through several rounds of disabling various prompt messages to get prox sync to work automatically (my bb asking if I want to accept a connection request from my computer and requiring a response before it will accept, MS on my computer asking if it's ok to sync even if it changes 25% of my contacts, etc). But it's now running smoothly without input from me.
    Last edited by fasterfaster; 02-10-09 at 06:49 PM.
    02-10-09 06:44 PM
    oh I forgot to mention... after the initial usb sync, in order to use proximity sync (via bluetooth), you do need to download an app from your BB. The setup wizard gives you a link to do this (actually, I wasn't going to bother with the wizard at first but I'm glad I did, because otherwise it would have taken me much longer to realize that I needed to download the app to the phone, and where to find it).

I'm suprised that folks are having so many issues. It's working quite well for me (though admittedly, I'm only syncing notes and contacts). I have now made changes in both directions (mac > bb and bb>mac) with no problems.
    some ppl reported problems with the download to their BB. See the comments on the article on the main page of CB that Kevin put out notifying everyone of the release of MS v2.
    The Missing Sync for BlackBerry v2.0 Now Available | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by fcortese; 02-10-09 at 06:49 PM. Reason: link added
    02-10-09 06:48 PM
    After installing MS on my Storm I have become unable able to use google sync, I have gotten the message "google sync is disabled while the blackberry is updating settings. please try again in 5 minutes." for several hours now, tried a battery pull with no success.
    02-10-09 07:07 PM
    After installing MS on my Storm I have become unable able to use google sync, I have gotten the message "google sync is disabled while the blackberry is updating settings. please try again in 5 minutes." for several hours now, tried a battery pull with no success.
    I am using MS and google sync with no problems, but I am not using the MS calendar plugin.

Are you using the MS calendar plugin and google sync at the same time? I wonder if that causes a conflict?

Now that google has an app to sync your ical (on the computer) to your gcal, and given that gsync is ota (your devices don't need to be in proximity), I don't know why you'd need both...
    02-10-09 07:32 PM
    I am using MS and google sync with no problems, but I am not using the MS calendar plugin.

Are you using the MS calendar plugin and google sync at the same time? I wonder if that causes a conflict?

Now that google has an app to sync your ical (on the computer) to your gcal, and given that gsync is ota (your devices don't need to be in proximity), I don't know why you'd need both...
    No, I am not using the iCal plugin, uninstalled google sync and it seems to be working now, thank you anyways
    02-10-09 09:53 PM
    I upgraded to MS version 2.0 last night. After syncing I have only about 15 contacts on my storm. I should have over 400. My contacts are still on my MAC, but I am unable to get them back to the Storm.

I get an error in MS that says "Blackberry devices running OS version 4.2 and greater cannot accept contact records without names." My contacts in AddressBook have names.

I also get an error on the Storm after a soft reset that says: "java.lang.nullPointerException". Does any one have any suggestions?
    02-11-09 06:43 AM
    Can someone try this please? Make a ToDo in Mac Mail by highlighting text in an email. Then sync to BB with MS2. Now... On your Mac is the ToDo still there? Is it in BB Tasks? And does the ToDo in the Mail ToDo list STILL HAVE THE LINK BACK TO THE EMAIL? Thanks a lot. I am finding it is stripping that link info of and that is messing me up big time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 09:27 AM
    I have been trying to use this program with my Macs for more than a year now. I've had 2 different IT guys come into my home office to try and make it work and it never has. The best I can hope for is to go through 5 or 6 extra steps and then pray that it feels like sync'ing when I plug it into my desktop... And by Sync'ing I mean that it will actually transfer my calendar without duplicating every entry. I'm off to try Pocket Mac (which I read awful things about as well but it could hardly be worse that MS) and see what happens there. If not, then its a choice between my Mac and my Blackberry. Mac wins every time and I'll become an I-Phone guy. Again, don't believe for one second the claims that this works and its easy and convenient. It doesn't and its not.
    Last edited by calmac; 02-11-09 at 11:55 AM.
    02-11-09 11:53 AM
    Check out the GREAT REPLY I got today for my trouble ticket...

Hello,

Make sure the Missing Sync device application is installed and running on the BlackBerry.

It can be downloaded here:

On your BlackBerry, open the web browser and go here to download the latest device side application:
    http://mirror.markspace.com/bb2.jad

Alternate BlackBerry install instructions here:
    https://support.markspace.com/index....305&nav=0,3,95

Once the Missing Sync, BlackBerry device application is installed and running, don't quit it. Then connect the BlackBerry to the Mac over USB and try the sync again.

--
    Christopher

HEre is my reply to him...

02-11-09 12:40 PM
    Me too!!! Damn, why can't MS and VM play in harmony.

I also could not get it to sync but also found that it killed my VM Fusions ability to use DM.
    02-11-09 05:07 PM
    I got the "Can't open SMS Listener" error. Submitted a ticket.
    02-11-09 06:53 PM
    I installed 2.0 today and had problems. Here are a couple of solutions I found that fixed my problems with the software.

Resolve the errors with the app on the BlackBerry not starting:
    Make sure that all permissions for the Missing Sync application on the BlackBerry are set to "Allow" and then reset your device.
    https://support.markspace.com/index....barticleid=333 (Step 3)

Connecting your BlackBerry to DM in Windows via Parallels or VMWare:
    You have to stop the "Missing Sync for BlackBerry Background" using the Activity Monitor app (Macintosh HD -> Applications -> Utilities) before plugging your BlackBerry into your mac.
    Mark/Space Users • View topic - Missing Sync for Blackberry 2.0.0 Available To Purchase! (Scroll down to Using VMWare or Parallels)

Now why MarkSpace doesn't include this in the setup info I don't know, but as I said this fixed my sync problems and it seems to be working fine now.

I hope they work for you as well. Good luck!
    Last edited by PNWBerryAddict; 02-11-09 at 09:03 PM.
    02-11-09 08:59 PM
    I installed 2.0 today and had problems. Here are a couple of solutions I found that fixed my problems with the software.

Resolve the errors with the app on the BlackBerry not starting:
    Make sure that all permissions for the Missing Sync application on the BlackBerry are set to "Allow" and then reset your device.
    https://support.markspace.com/index....barticleid=333 (Step 3)

Connecting your BlackBerry to DM in Windows via Parallels or VMWare:
    You have to stop the "Missing Sync for BlackBerry Background" using the Activity Monitor app (Macintosh HD -> Applications -> Utilities) before plugging your BlackBerry into your mac.
    Mark/Space Users • View topic - Missing Sync for Blackberry 2.0.0 Available To Purchase! (Scroll down to Using VMWare or Parallels)

Now why MarkSpace doesn't include this in the setup info I don't know, but as I said this fixed my sync problems and it seems to be working fine now.

I hope they work for you as well. Good luck!
    I got the reply to set all permissions to ALLOW and nothing happened.. I'll try that whole background issue in a few... see what happens.

Thanks.
    02-11-09 11:48 PM
    Here is a link to their forums.

Mark/Space Users • View forum - The Missing Sync for BlackBerry

It's a new product release, lets see if any MS staff bother to show up for it - or if they let tumble weeds roll through the forum and leave everything unanswered..

02-12-09 05:12 AM
    Are most of you running OS X 10.5.6? I am wondering if this might be a compatibility prob between 10.5.6 ans MS v2??? It seems in 10.5.6 only BB2 appears on the desktop.
    See: http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/10-5-6-storm-121364/
    Last edited by fcortese; 02-12-09 at 07:43 AM. Reason: link added
    02-12-09 07:43 AM
    I did notice a bug that I hadn't noticed initially. The first sync wiped all of the custom ringtones I had set for family etc. However, I reset them and it seems that they have remained intact through subsequent syncs.

Fcortese, v2 requires 10.5.6. I was behind on software updates (I always put them off) and was running 10.5.5, and MS wouldn't finish installation until I updated to 10.5.6 (it gave me a specific error message telling me to update).
    02-12-09 11:26 AM
    I found that if I sync everything by cable once at a time it'll work. Pick one thing, sync it. Add another thing, sync it. Add another... Eventually you'll be able to sync all of them. It seems to be working just fine now. I'm hugely happy that it syncs SMS. IDK if that includes BB Messenger yet, but we'll see.

I also updated the BB OS to the latest version and had to install MarkSpace on the BB, required for BT syncing.
    02-12-09 11:31 AM
    I'm thinking on asking for a refund... This is a joke.
    02-12-09 12:44 PM
    and i can't even sync the 8900 with it
    it just doesn't detect the 8900!
    damn it!
    02-12-09 01:00 PM
    24 hours with v2.0 and I can't take it anymore. I sent an e-mail to Mark/Space requesting a refund so I can downgrade back to v1.3.

I can't even get my 8320 to sync reliably and it now takes over two minutes just to sync Contacts, Calendar and Notes. Version 1.3 only took about 45 seconds to do the same tasks.

We'll see what kind of response I get to my request since they provide absolutely no info on their site.
    02-12-09 02:23 PM
    Is anyone here able to sync the Storm with a Mac running 10.5.6. As Don mentioned, BB1 does not show up.
    Those people who are getting it to work: does bb1 show up or not?
    02-12-09 04:02 PM
    24 hours with v2.0 and I can't take it anymore. I sent an e-mail to Mark/Space requesting a refund so I can downgrade back to v1.3.

I can't even get my 8320 to sync reliably and it now takes over two minutes just to sync Contacts, Calendar and Notes. Version 1.3 only took about 45 seconds to do the same tasks.

We'll see what kind of response I get to my request since they provide absolutely no info on their site.
    I downgraded....
    What a joke that was....
    02-12-09 07:23 PM
    It looks like missing sync is marked for deletion on my Macbook. I've had a support case open since Feb 9th and they are blowing me off. So rather than pay at the end of my trial... I set up google sync with ical and address. It took a little hacking plist files and I had to borrow my son's itouch for half an hour but if OTA sync works I can throw that usb cable in the trash and mark/space with it.
    02-12-09 09:11 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD