05-03-09 12:34 PM
88 123 ...
tools
    Wireless sync is now included.

Greetings,

This morning, Mark/Space shipped version 2.0 of The Missing Sync for BlackBerry, our award-winning synchronization software that syncs contacts, calendar, music, photos and more between a Mac and BlackBerry phone.

Version 2.0 adds significant new wireless sync capabilities. Now, you can sync information between your Mac and BlackBerry wirelessly via Bluetooth, without cables. Plus, Proximity Sync(tm) technology automates syncing. So, whenever your BlackBerry is close to your Mac, The Missing Sync performs a sync without you even having to think about it. We like to refer to it as "syncing without thinking."

When you make changes to your calendar, or add a new song to a playlist, The Missing Sync will synchronize those changes as you're sitting at your desk or working on the train-ride home. There are few new technologies that make you say, "Wow!" The first time I experienced Proximity Sync working I felt it was wonderfully magical.

Version 2.0 includes many other new features including improved music playlist support for iTunes, video transfer to and from the BlackBerry. Plus, users can archive text messages and call histories to their Mac where they can do more with them.
    Can be downloaded here.
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 02-09-09 at 03:56 PM.
    02-09-09 11:49 AM
    Good to know. I bought MS for BB less than 3 weeks ago, and just checked for updates (said there were no updates!)

I wonder if I can get the new version for free, seeing as I literally *just* laid out $40 USD for the previous version?
    02-09-09 03:33 PM
    Any reviews on this soft? I'm interested in syncing text messages.
    02-09-09 04:22 PM
    Wouldn't consider this a review, but here's some first-hand feedback (using a MacBook Pro 15", Santa Rosa 3,1)

I mucked about alot with the last beta of 2.0 and my Bold and it didn't take long to exhibit problems with duplicated/mangled contacts.

However, after only 15 minutes with the GA release of 2.0.0 (syncing back and forth using both USB and Bluetooth), I'm confident they've ironed out the bugs. I've edited and deleted records on both ends and everything seems to be working as I would expect-so far.

I plan to mess around with it for the next two weeks and if all is well, will surely bite the bullet and register.

(I have no affiliation with Mark Space - just a techie by trade and nature)
    02-09-09 05:01 PM
    Good to know. I bought MS for BB less than 3 weeks ago, and just checked for updates (said there were no updates!)

I wonder if I can get the new version for free, seeing as I literally *just* laid out $40 USD for the previous version?
    Usually developers are pretty good with this sort of thing and will offer you a free or much lower upgrade fee and hopefully not the whole 29.99 USD. I think the bluetooth proximity feature is worth the upgrade on its own but let's see how it works in the upcoming weeks.
    02-09-09 07:33 PM
    It said in the article that "Free upgrades to version 2.0 are available for anyone who purchased version 1.0 of The Missing Sync for BlackBerry on or after November 1, 2008." But mine also says that no updates are available. Any idea on how to go about getting it for free?
    02-09-09 07:41 PM

I'd think that they would - be sure to post your experiences here as I have an issue supporting developers who don't in turn support their customers.
    02-09-09 07:41 PM
    I installed it on my Storm and Mac as an update. It wouldn't sync at all. Press the button and nothing happens. I put the old version back on.
    02-09-09 08:00 PM
    Got it free by clicking as if to buy the Upgrade. It'll ask for your email and then say you qualify for a free upgrade if you bought it recently. Have gotten it working both by USB and by Bluetooth. Only problem is that it made up some conflicts - identified changes that it wanted me to decide when they were really the same on the Mac and BB. A bit of going through those individually to sort them out, but hopefully that goes away after a few syncs.
    02-09-09 08:21 PM
    I'm very interested in seeing how the program works out for everyone in the next couple of weeks. It sounds really good and useful if it all works out well enough!!
    02-09-09 09:40 PM
    I installed it..
    Hit Sync... nothing happens...
    I downloaded the file it asked me to install on the BB, says Missing Sync can't start, Couldn't open the Phone Logs...

WTF ?

Ohh and I try to connect with the bluetooth..
    Says the device does not have the necessary services....

How AWESOME is this new program ...
    02-09-09 11:11 PM
    same here. Hit sync, nothing happens. Log says error connecting to device. The old version worked great. Wish I had it back again...
    02-09-09 11:21 PM
    same here. Hit sync, nothing happens. Log says error connecting to device. The old version worked great. Wish I had it back again...
    This is so annoying... Can't sync @ ALL now...
    Won't connect bluetooth or sync with USB... growl....
    02-09-09 11:23 PM
    I bought the previous version on Thursday (2/5) and was miffed when I got the email this morning (Monday 2/9) about version 2.0 with proximity sync. I emailed Markspace and they sent me a link to upgrade free. I was pleased.

Running Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.6 and Blackberry Pearl 8130.

You need to perform the initial sync with v2 via USB, even if you had a previous version installed with which you had successfully synced.

After the initial sync, I set MS to prox sync automatically every 1/2 hour. I set it to sync 2-way for contacts and notes, and to retrieve new photos from the blackberry to the mac. (I already have a calendar sync protocol set up -- iCal <-> google cal via busysync, google cal <-> blackberry via google sync -- and it's been working well so I'm not inclined to mess with it). I tested it a bit (deleting/modifying contacts and notes), and so far it seems to be working perfectly. I can manually initiate a bluetooth sync very easily, and the auto sync is working as well. So far a thumbs up (though I can't attest to the plugins I haven't used yet, such as calendar).
    Last edited by fasterfaster; 02-09-09 at 11:26 PM.
    02-09-09 11:23 PM
    I installed it. MS 2.0 didn't work at first. After about a dozen tries, it synced but it wiped my calendar on my BB8830! I had to go to scheduleworld to get my calendar data back OTA. Only 22% done getting my calendar back. Clearly there are some bugs. I picked a bad day to try missing sync The calendar on my phone is wiped and my contacts have grown 10%. I have posted on m/s forum and hope to get some help soon. For now, there is no calendar sync for me except ota to scheduleworld. Bummer.
    02-10-09 12:07 AM
    Setup 2 BB with 2.0 today.

Curve 8330 - Couple weird sync errors at first, but seems to be ok

Bold - Horrible.. erased cal on BB, erased AB on mac... lots of weird errors, lots of rebooting both devices and still problems..

Hope 2.1 comes out tomorrow!
    02-10-09 01:25 AM
    I will come bact to detail my wacky time with it on my 8900 but the next day it started working. My tip? Just do things one at a time. I "awoke the beast" by starting with syncing my NOTES (I don have any notes! So it performed this admerably. Thgen I kept moving up the scale of dificulty and it seemed to like that. It also seems to have identified the 1800 contacts that PocketStink forgot about T was taking so long to get those onto the that 0 has to abandon the transfer this Morning.. Ut its starting to lookOK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 06:03 AM
    MF text warp!! Anyhow will report back soon. I have a lot of monthy recurrinf (forever) calendar entries and nearly 4000 contacts so god help me....

02-10-09 06:05 AM
    I too got the free upgrade by simply clicking the 'update' link and entering my email. Haven't synced yet but will post on how it goes.

02-10-09 08:38 AM
    I also could not get it to sync but also found that it killed my VM Fusions ability to use DM.
    02-10-09 09:21 AM
    i am getting a pop-up that says my validation code is incorrect (its not).

Also, any idea what to do so that my contacts do not get sync'd to my hubby's? I created a separate profile but that didn't seem to work.

Thanks
    02-10-09 09:47 AM
    I am interested in using MS v 2 but so far I have read of a recurring problem with sync'ing and not recognizing MS or having to download it to your BB but the BB not having a download link. Seems like Mark/Space may need to address these issues rather quickly. I am curious if any Storm users out there have tried this. I will be following this thread closely to see how ppl feel this software is working before diving in and spending the $$. Thanks to all of you who are posting your experiences and thoughts.
    02-10-09 10:24 AM
    I'm somewhat underwhelmed with Markspace right now. They charge an extra $59 for "install support" where they call you on the phone at a scheduled time to help with installation issues. Even after forking over $59, there is no option to call them if I have a problem.

I had a support incident on their forum some months ago and they responded within 24 hours. Last night I had the incident where all my calendar data was wiped. I hope they respond quickly or it's back to PocketMac for me. It may not work well but it doesn't eat my data.

If you offer a trial version of software, it has to actually work if you expect people to buy it.
    02-10-09 10:42 AM
    I can't even sync connected via USB now....
    I can't sync anything... Nothing happens when I hit sync....
    Maybe someone needs to send them a email to come look over here and help us.... would be VERY beneficial to them I think...
    02-10-09 11:47 AM
    I can't even sync connected via USB now....
    I can't sync anything... Nothing happens when I hit sync....
    Maybe someone needs to send them a email to come look over here and help us.... would be VERY beneficial to them I think...
    I had this issue at first. It required no less than 3 macbook reboots, sd card removal, bluetooth disabling and 3 battery pulls before usb started working. What a joke! Then when usb finally did work, more issues as I described in posts above in this thread. Clearly MS 2.0 represents new features but it also represents beta level software.
    02-10-09 01:13 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD