I recently downloaded the missing sync 2.0.1 update with blue tooth and cable connectivity. I was wondering whether anyone else found it amazingly slow compared to he earlier version? It's much easier to use and looks great, but it takes me over an hour to sync everything, both bluetooth and cable. Any ideas?
    03-23-09 11:09 AM
    I recently downloaded the missing sync 2.0.1 update with blue tooth and cable connectivity. I was wondering whether anyone else found it amazingly slow compared to he earlier version? It's much easier to use and looks great, but it takes me over an hour to sync everything, both bluetooth and cable. Any ideas?
    There have been several people say that it runs slower than previous versions.
    03-23-09 07:08 PM
    An hour isn't bad compared to what mine was taking - about 7-8 hours by Bluetooth, about 2 by cable. Although now it doesn't work at all, so maybe I shouldn't have whined when it did work slowly because its better than nothing.
    03-25-09 04:38 PM
    I don't think these long sync times are normal. Do you have mass storage mode on before you sync?

I also updated to the new version, but after the first usb-sync (which took over 1 hour with all the music) I am now done in about 5 - 20 minutes depending how many new podcasts arrived (I copy the videos directly to the media card, not via MS) and if it is via Bluetooth or via cable.

How many calendar entries/contacts do you have? (I have roughly 400 calendar entries and 500 contacts, 4 GB iTunes Playlists)
    Maybe it slows down with more data than that?
    03-25-09 05:23 PM
    I don't have music or videos going through mine at all. About 400 contacts and probably a couple thousand calendar entries, but even those should be faster after the first sync, and used to be a couple minutes on older versions.
    03-26-09 07:33 AM
    I have the latest version (2.0.2), and the first sync took a long time, however now it will complete it in 3 minutes with Bluetooth. I don't have much music or media so that is possibly why. Maybe check your settings to ensure it is not loading all the media every time as i noticed that was an option.

My issue is, the program runs extremely slowly and takes a long time to load and often freezes up.

My computer is a new macbook pro, so it must be the software?
    05-27-09 08:13 AM
    Do you have photos? I noticed that instead of syncing photos, it was copying over every photo on my BB8900 every time.

I ended up going back to 1.03 because of constant issues.
    05-27-09 11:09 AM
    I have BBerry Bold and just got a Mac Book Pro and bought Missing Sync. It's been nothing but trouble. Duplicating everything. Very slow (which is NOT normal). Certainly not worth the money. Tech support responds but very generic. Been talking with them for over 2 weeks and still no resolution.

Trying Pocketmac but still a few hiccups...ugh
    05-28-09 01:44 AM
    How do I get a copy of 1.03?
    05-28-09 02:06 AM
    I had the same problems as you guys.

But I read this in the Mark/space website and it totally fixed the slow synchronization. In fact is was faster than ever, you should try it.

"Verify the Missing Sync for BlackBerry device application has the correct Permissions to run: On the BlackBerry, go to Options > Security Options > Application Permissions > MissingSync > Edit Permissions: Set everything to Allow. Then save those settings, and Soft-reset your BlackBerry. Turn it off, pull the battery for 3 minutes, put it back and turn on. Then try the sync over USB again."

Everything Synchronized faster: movies, contacts, calendars, music.

Hope it helps!!!
    08-01-09 10:27 PM
    The Bluetooth synchronization was a lot faster too!!!!
    08-01-09 10:30 PM
    I had the same problems as you guys.

But I read this in the Mark/space website and it totally fixed the slow synchronization. In fact is was faster than ever, you should try it.

"Verify the Missing Sync for BlackBerry device application has the correct Permissions to run: On the BlackBerry, go to Options > Security Options > Application Permissions > MissingSync > Edit Permissions: Set everything to Allow. Then save those settings, and Soft-reset your BlackBerry. Turn it off, pull the battery for 3 minutes, put it back and turn on. Then try the sync over USB again."

Everything Synchronized faster: movies, contacts, calendars, music.

Hope it helps!!!
    setting the settings on my Blackberry sped up Missing Sync A LOT. Not kidding. Thanks edwino!
    08-03-09 01:30 AM
    Hi edwino,

I tried those steps and music sync is still freaky slow over bluetooth. Your instructions say to try over USB again, but have you heard anything about BT being incredibly slow for music vs USB?

For what it's worth, my music files are small podcasts, and it's taking 20+ minutes for an 8mb file.

Thanks!
    11-09-09 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD