When do you guys think the full version will be out? I just can't wait to be able to load up my music videos and upload movies from my itunes to my BB!!!!
    02-19-09 11:31 PM
    I got an email that v 2.0 is released, looking forward to downloading this weekend!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:42 PM
    Version 2.0?

How Come I didn't Get an E-Mail About That?
    02-20-09 03:24 PM
    When do you guys think the full version will be out? I just can't wait to be able to load up my music videos and upload movies from my itunes to my BB!!!!
    I'm just curious, why not just drag your media to the media card?
    02-20-09 08:35 PM
    I'm just curious, why not just drag your media to the media card?
    EXACTLY....
    02-21-09 01:02 AM
    EXACTLY....
    Because you would would have to manually do it. This syncs automatically with itunes. The program does alot more.
    02-21-09 06:15 PM
    Because you would would have to manually do it. This syncs automatically with itunes. The program does alot more.
    Really?
    Like what?
    Just curious...
    What does it do that drag and drop doesn't do?
    02-21-09 09:20 PM
    I got an email that v 2.0 is released, looking forward to downloading this weekend!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Do you have a link?

The only thing I can find on the RIM site is:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up

That is for the "preview" version, which I already have.
    02-21-09 09:37 PM
    Really?
    Like what?
    Just curious...
    What does it do that drag and drop doesn't do?
    If I create a play-list in itunes I would have to manually find every song and then add it to the phone. The program does that automatically. And curious? Try facetious.
    02-22-09 02:07 AM
    If I create a play-list in itunes I would have to manually find every song and then add it to the phone. The program does that automatically. And curious? Try facetious.
    Facetious?
    No I wasn't trying to be a a$$hole...
    Just looking for a real reason to install it...
    Because you can't run that and missing sync....
    02-23-09 12:41 AM
    Facetious?
    Allright...I was just making sure.
    02-23-09 06:34 AM
    Facetious?
    Trying to maintain a pure Mac environment, I attempted to use the native Mac sync for contacts, calendar, etc. It's junkware... sadly. So, I use DM on Outlook running under XP, running in Fusion. That works flawlessly!

Since iTunes runs (on my system) under Leopard - Media Sync does a nice job with that. I'm hoping the "real" release will handle the album artwork, that does not seem to work in the "preview" version.

That's still not up on RIM's site as of this morning (sigh).
    02-23-09 08:02 AM
    Bump... anyone know when the next version is coming?
    02-25-09 11:30 AM
    Since iTunes runs (on my system) under Leopard - Media Sync does a nice job with that. I'm hoping the "real" release will handle the album artwork, that does not seem to work in the "preview" version.
    I finally got all my album artwork to come up. I had to make sure the artwork was emmbedd in the ID tag or whatever it is called.

I found the trick from another thread on CB. But it is easy to do.

In Itunes have the view in album view. Now on the lower bottom left hit the 4th button from the left - looks like a box with triangle in it. now when the artwork pops up click on the small "play" button so it changes to "selected album" now select your album, and on the small picture right click hit "copy" then right click and hit "paste". this will embedd the artwork. now be careful if you have more than one album for an artist, if so open those albums up and then highlight the different albums and do the same steps. after all that is done you can resync via media sync and it will now show all your artwork.
    02-25-09 05:37 PM
    Outstanding!!!!

Thanks for the info - it worked perfectly. Although, it took a while with over 90 albums,at least when I add new ones, I'll only have to do this "in real time"

Much appreciated!
    02-25-09 07:14 PM
    haha yeah i had to spend a whole day at work redoing my library.
    02-25-09 07:23 PM
    Um, people have been playing their iTUNES on their Storms for three months...Go to the RIM site and download a SEPARATE copy of Media Sync (the one under the DM can be troublesome). Enjoy.

Doctor Neutron
    02-25-09 10:20 PM
    We are (at least I am) using the "preview stand alone" version. It does not, by default, copy the art. Unless your music files contain the tags, Media Sync (Mac preview version) does not pull the cover art out of iTunes during the transfer to the BB.

Hence, the posts in this thread asking when the REAL version, hopefully fully functional, will be released.

Until then, this workaround gets that art onto our Curves.
    02-26-09 07:51 AM
    steve:
    have same set up--or trying to get there.

how did you get tell bb media sync to point to an intunes instance on leopard?

when i try, i get media sync dialog, stating no device--and to "please install itunes and restart the application"

any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
    bobo
    03-12-09 02:41 PM
    i have the media sync preview and it ruined my capability to sync ical and contacts with pocketmac. i read the warning but i wanted to see what it'll be like (storm=avoid temptation).

how do i reset the storm/mac so i could use pocketmac again? i removed media sync and reinstalled pocketmac, but to no avail.

- sal
    03-13-09 11:35 AM
    Sal,

You have to run the "uninstaller" that you downloaded along with Media Sync. Just removing the program will not work.
    03-16-09 04:19 PM
    i have the media sync preview and it ruined my capability to sync ical and contacts with pocketmac. i read the warning but i wanted to see what it'll be like (storm=avoid temptation).

how do i reset the storm/mac so i could use pocketmac again? i removed media sync and reinstalled pocketmac, but to no avail.

- sal
    hard headed huh?
    03-16-09 04:21 PM
    I did the exact same thing and learned from my mistake lol, took me forever to find resolution because the uninstaller did not work! Hope this helps, worked for me.

Installed media sync and saw that it doesnt work with pocket mac or any other syncing. Uninstalled it. Uninstalled pocket mac (how to is below). I cant believe how much that download screwed my BB Storm up.
    To completely uninstall PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones, complete the following steps:

1. Log in to the Apple Macintosh computer with an account that has administrator-level permissions.
    2. Open the hard drive icon on the computer.
    3. From the left menu bar, select Applications, and then open PocketMac Sync Manager.
    4. Click Uninstall PocketMac.
    5. When prompted to continue uninstalling PocketMac, click Yes.
    6. When the uninstall process is complete, click Quit.
    7. Open the hard drive icon on the computer.
    8. Select the Users folder. The current user is indicated by the Home icon.
    9. Click the Home icon to continue.
    10. Open the Library folder, and then open the Preferences folder.
    11. Delete the PocketMacBlackberry.plist file.
    12. Delete the PocketMacAdvancedPreferenceData.plist file.
    13. Delete the PocketMacSyncManager.plist file.
    14. Open the Library folder, and then open the Application Support folder.
    15. Delete the PocketMac and PocketMacSyncManager folders.
    16. Empty the Trash from the Dock by right-clicking and selecting Empty Trash.
    17. Restart the Apple Macintosh computer.

However, there is one step missing from this list, and do this before connecting your Curve to your Mac: (this step is necessary)

go to : Macintosh HD/system/library/extensions and delete the 2 Blackberry files with the .kext extension, empty your "Trash" folder and do one more restart.

Now you get to have the fun of re-installing the software again. And just to hit the extreme basics (sorry if is offended):

1) Disconnect your Curve
    2) Install Desktop Software, restart
    3) With phone still disconnected, start software and set up your configurations, iCal, Contacts and so on
    4) Connect phone and sync.
    03-17-09 03:07 PM
    I finally got all my album artwork to come up. I had to make sure the artwork was emmbedd in the ID tag or whatever it is called.

I found the trick from another thread on CB. But it is easy to do.

In Itunes have the view in album view. Now on the lower bottom left hit the 4th button from the left - looks like a box with triangle in it. now when the artwork pops up click on the small "play" button so it changes to "selected album" now select your album, and on the small picture right click hit "copy" then right click and hit "paste". this will embedd the artwork. now be careful if you have more than one album for an artist, if so open those albums up and then highlight the different albums and do the same steps. after all that is done you can resync via media sync and it will now show all your artwork.
    I'm a little late responding to this, but in iTunes, when you have multiple songs that are part of the same album, if you highlight them all, then click "get info" it will pull up all those songs you highlighted- kind of like a batch and whatever change you make to one (artwork) applies to all.
    03-17-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD