Yesterday I was looking at pictures in my blackberry and I tried clicking on one to view when the screen said I wasn't able to view it...later a message popped up saying "A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer."
    I am not sure how to use, or even find a disk error-checking utility on my computer. I am using a Mac and I think I might have done this, but again, not sure.
    When I plugged the Blackberry into my computer I was able to view everything in the video and music folder, but not the pictures. Once I disconnect the phone from the computer, the message pops up again and I am not able to see any content on the phone.
    I've read a few other posts on the internet about this and many said that I'll probably have to format the card again. I plan on doing this, but would like to know if there is any way possible to get my pictures from the card first?
    04-04-09 10:49 AM
    On your Mac, at the top right hand corner of any window (where you see what looks like a magnifying glass) type in "disk utility." Actually you wont have to type in the whole word- it will appear as you enter letters.

The other thing you could try doing is insert your card into a card reader and copying your pics and anything else you want to keep from the card to your hard drive; then reformat the card.
    04-04-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD