Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a remedy for my situation.

I have a Mac and a Blackberry Tour 9630. I also am using Blackberry Desktop Software for Mac. The problem I'm having is that I've signed up to use Google Voice and have thus updated some of my Contacts' numbers so when I call their number, they are routed through my Google Voice number:

eg. [GOOGLE NUMBER] [PAUSE] 2 [CONTACT'S NUMBER]#

The problem is, after inputting that successfully on my Blackberry device, now the Desktop software wants to do away with the pauses.

eg. [GOOGLE NUMBER] , 2 [CONTACT'S NUMBER]#

--> I just noticed now that there's a comma in Blackberry Desktop's sync "notification" of a "new" number. After the Google number, there is a space and then a comma. I don't know if that is significant or doesn't mean anything.

Right now, I just want to know how to "maintain" the "pause" symbol for Mac Address Book and Blackberry.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    Last edited by adrienqa66; 07-05-10 at 08:13 PM.
    07-05-10 07:08 PM
    I spoke too soon! It maintained the pause structure on the Blackberry and both the device and the Macintosh were able to be synced without being messed up.

Now, I have to figure out the pesky problem with the middle names - it worked for a while, the Blackberry just ignored the middle names while the Address Book kept it; but the Blackberry is once again adamant that new contacts (duplicates) be made that have no middle name; unlike last time, this time the middle name is cut out completely, not becoming part of the first name.
    07-05-10 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD