View Poll Results: Mail or Entourage for Mac/BB?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mail. I want to marry Steve Jobs.

8 66.67%
  • Entourage. Office is better.

4 33.33%
    What do most BB (or CB) folks use?

I have been using Mail for a while now but I find the interface a little bit frustrating, and the syncs with my BB are occasionally a little awkward... Anyway, do most folks use Entourage with greater success? I'm considering switching over, but I know Office is sometimes iffy runnin' on a Mac.

Thanks!
    03-31-08 01:14 PM
    Right now I use mail and iCal, but Entourage has its perks too...
    03-31-08 01:15 PM
    I use Entourage and I like it. It's nice to have everything (Calendar, Notes, Tasks, Contacts) all in one application. It runs well on my iBook. One thing I don't like is having to click in each email to download email pictures. You have to add senders to you address book to avoid doing that, which to me is just as much a pain to do. I've never used Mail or iCal. There's a lot of discussion about the good/bad on each application on the discussion boards at apple.com. I would suggest looking there for more thoughts on the subject.

The only thing is that I just got a BlackBerry (n00b!) and I haven't done any syncing yet. I used a Treo before and used Mark/Space Missing Sync, which was excellent. I bought that for BB but haven't tried it yet - I'm using BES and am still trying to figure things out.
    03-31-08 01:22 PM
    I'm sad....I use both (that wasn't an option in your poll! )....

I use Entourage for my Contacts, Email, etc., but I use my .mac account for my business-related emaiils. I sync Contacts with my BB, but the Entourage calendar wouldn't sync correctly, so I now use GCal with GSync. It's the only way I've been able to use a reliable calendar on my BB.
    03-31-08 02:23 PM
    Neither........

Gmail does a good job of linking multiple email accounts..and I dont see a point in using Entourage right now,,,not with it not being able to sync with my BB.......Mail's interface did seem annoying to use for the few days that I tried it..
    03-31-08 04:47 PM
    I switched to macs about six months ago, and have been using mail and ical since then. In the Windows world Outlook was the core of my productivity tools. Entourage just never gave me the same feel that Outlook did. I've also come to appreciate the simplicity of mail and ical. Hope this helps.
    03-31-08 05:11 PM
    I use both Mail and Entourage. I haven't really decided which one I like better. However I have better luck syncing my calendar with iCal over Entourage.
    03-31-08 05:47 PM
    Liked both. But there's only two choice to choose from...
    03-31-08 06:43 PM
    Thanks to everyone who wrote in. I didn't consider that using both might *be* an actual option...that's an excellent point. Also I'm going to try using gmail...is that an actual app or do you just have to access it through a browser?
    04-03-08 12:12 PM
    Thanks to everyone who wrote in. I didn't consider that using both might *be* an actual option...that's an excellent point. Also I'm going to try using gmail...is that an actual app or do you just have to access it through a browser?
    There is a Gmail App available for the BB....
    04-03-08 10:53 PM
    Yes there is a gmail app. Some people prefer it over simply adding gmail to their BIS account. Others prefer adding their gmail account to BIS.
    04-03-08 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD