Dear Abby-

Okay- I love my Mac AND I love my Crackberry but it's quite obvious this is a long distance relationship...so what is one to do? Will either company (Apple or RIM) finally step up to the plate and make this marriage work?

Am I missing something? I've searched the forums, been to both company websites. Downloaded thousands (exaggerated for emphasis) of patches, etc. I've tried Missing Sync and PocketMac with below average results. Either the music won't sync or if it does then iCal doesn't work or if both of those work then X doesn't work blah, blah, blah. Then if it all does work, it only works for a few days and then BLAM!! It doesn't work anymore.

Look, I'm not an IT guy. Would LOVE to be but my job doesn't permit the time to figure out how to actually make this relationship work. Is there a solution for a broken hearted guy like me who is evidently too debilitated mentally to figure this mess out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    05-13-08 08:08 PM
    Same thing here - I'm ******** out because I cannot get the Blackberry 8830 to sync with iCal via Missing Sync. It worked for awhile and then just stopped - why?

Please someone tell us how to resolve this?
    05-14-08 12:13 PM
    For Pocketmac have you downloaded the driver update? If not make sure you do that. Then make sure you phone is defaulted to yes for the mass media storage and everything should be fine.

Using Pocketmac and have had zero problems. Have also been able to load programs on to my sCurve via Pocketmac.
    05-14-08 12:17 PM
    I've been using Missing Sync instead of PocketMac since I went to OS Leopard. I have a BBerry 8830. Should I go back to PocketMac do you think?

Thanks!
    05-14-08 12:42 PM
    I've been using Missing Sync instead of PocketMac since I went to OS Leopard. I have a BBerry 8830. Should I go back to PocketMac do you think?

Thanks!
    That's a personal choice. There is rumor that RIM is going to release a DTM for the Mac sometime this year. Guess is Q4.

I personally have not had any of the issues people report with pocketmac. I've added programs using the utilities menu without a hitch. It pays to read the documentation that comes with pocketmac.

Most of the problems can be fixed by making sure you set the default mass media storage to yes and the lack of the driver update. I sync with entourage 2004.
    05-14-08 01:55 PM
    HEckler! OMG I am having the SAME problem, you just said it much better than I would.
    05-14-08 04:06 PM
    For Pocketmac have you downloaded the driver update? If not make sure you do that.
    Driver for device? Where would I get that?
    05-14-08 04:07 PM
    Driver for device? Where would I get that?
    You can get that at the blackberry site. Got to desktop software click Mac, below the pocketmac app is a driver update.

Here's the link Driver Update for High Speed BB

From the drop down menu select Pocketmac, click next, the link for the driver update is on the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by ERDude; 05-14-08 at 04:33 PM.
    05-14-08 04:31 PM
    You can get that at the blackberry site. Got to desktop software click Mac, below the pocketmac app is a driver update.

Here's the link Driver Update for High Speed BB

From the drop down menu select Pocketmac, click next, the link for the driver update is on the bottom of the page.
    Will this allow me to connect my Curve to my BB? I had to revive my old PC to have something to sync it with!
    05-14-08 04:44 PM
    Will this allow me to connect my Curve to my BB? I had to revive my old PC to have something to sync it with!
    Not sure what you're asking. I think you're asking about connecting the Curve to your Mac. Yes pocketmac will allow you to connect and sync.
    05-14-08 05:16 PM
    Thanks - I added the driver and at least now it will recognize it to charge. But when I tried to sync it, I got an error. Guess I'll keep trying!
    05-14-08 05:35 PM
    For Pocketmac have you downloaded the driver update? If not make sure you do that. Then make sure you phone is defaulted to yes for the mass media storage and everything should be fine.

Using Pocketmac and have had zero problems. Have also been able to load programs on to my sCurve via Pocketmac.
    ER,

Thanks for the reply. I have gotten the latest update for PocketMac and am having the same issue. If I sync with Entourage it seems to give me less hassle but I really can't get anywhere with iCal.

I'd really like to be able to use the Mac apps and steer clear of MS for Mac if at all possible since I use Mac for both work and home. Heck, it's what I got Mac for in the first place!! The stuff just works better. For now I sync with Entourage =( until works this out or I get smarter. Don't hold your breath on the latter.

Can't we work this out fruit to fruit? Mac and RIM UNITE!!
    05-14-08 08:13 PM
    ER,

Thanks for the reply. I have gotten the latest update for PocketMac and am having the same issue. If I sync with Entourage it seems to give me less hassle but I really can't get anywhere with iCal.

I'd really like to be able to use the Mac apps and steer clear of MS for Mac if at all possible since I use Mac for both work and home. Heck, it's what I got Mac for in the first place!! The stuff just works better. For now I sync with Entourage =( until works this out or I get smarter. Don't hold your breath on the latter.

Can't we work this out fruit to fruit? Mac and RIM UNITE!!
    I sync everything through entourage, not a real fan of iCal. Plus I had all my contact info and appointments in entourage from my Treo. Hopefully if the rumor is true we'll be seeing a DTM for we Mac folks within the near future. The rumor is Q4, I really hope they don't wait that long.

I would love to be able to take some stuff off to free up memory, like those damn pre-installed pictures.
    05-14-08 10:08 PM
    Heckler,
    I am an IT person, not a guru but a person, and my feelings are that there is an unspoken dissappointment with BB and MAC. I see people try to sync the BB with MAC but get so frustrated that they give up. Now, I know that the MAC DTM is in high demand and everyone is waiting for its release. So there are a lot of people out here with the same frustration, me being one of them, but if there is a high demand for it , the product will come. Thanks for the post we all know that we are not alone.
    05-15-08 04:19 PM
    KMS,

Thanks...like you, I hope this comes sooner rather than later. Although since both OS and devices have been out for some time, it would appear that either company or both don't really care all that much.

It was put to me this way- MAC occupies about 12% of the business world and not much more than that on the private side (although that is significantly on the rise). Simple economics says you shoot for the 88% where the $$ is. Like they say- "Follow the money".

Add to that the fact that Apple would like the entire world to use the iPhone (Steve Jobs has a HUGE ego), and you can see why they're dragging their feet.

Still love my Mac and my BB but getting really tired of justifying to myself why this is a "better" setup than my PC buddies...oh wait, my friends PC just crashed. Now I remember. Forget it.
    05-15-08 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD