Hey all,

Just got my 8330 from FedEx this morning, and all is well except that when I plug in my BB, my MacBook won't even recognize it. I've downloaded PocketMac and the driver update, restarted, emptied the trash, etc. The damn computer just won't recognize my BB. All I want are my Safari bookmarks and my Address Book (can't function without it!), and until then, my BB is essentially useless (you know, making calls on a phone is a plus ).

HELP!!!
    05-10-08 02:38 PM
    Hey! So I'm not sure how it works with BB's (switched to TMO when I got mine), but when I was on VZW my phone had the ability to sync with my macbook over bluetooth...this ability was locked down by the VZW proprietary software though! Again, I have no idea if this is how things work with their BB service, but back then (last year) you had to pay to subscribe to a program or something that would then let you sync the two. Hopefully I'm wrong on this...best of luck either way!

Update: Sorry, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but looks like I confirmed my above suspicion
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/any...discuss-34465/

4th posting down from the top of the thread - VZW8330's don't support the necessary OPP or OBEX bluetooth profiles :-(
    Last edited by NYCNsciGuy; 05-12-08 at 06:40 PM.
    05-12-08 06:21 PM
    Ugh. Looks like I'll just have to install Windows on my precious 'book. I really wanted to avoid it, because it's unnecessary space and time wasted, but alas, the BB needs to be synched somehow. Thanks for your help, sciGUY.
    05-13-08 12:10 AM
    If its available to you go with VMware and download one of their virtual environments. Space required yes but makes for an easy setup/install.
    Ugh. Looks like I'll just have to install Windows on my precious 'book.
    05-13-08 01:14 PM
    I have a pearl and it DOESNT mount on my macbook either...but when i run pocketmac and hit sync...it successfully syncs to my ICal(which is all i have it setup to do).

As for putting files on my media card i bought a media card reader that works like a charm.

I have also sent files back and forth Bluetooth from my BB to macbook and from macbook to BB...

I am running Leopard. Don't put windows on your mac Not sure if any of that helps.
    05-13-08 01:18 PM
    Once I downloaded the pocketmac driver, my macbook now recognizes my BB Curve!
    05-14-08 06:38 PM
    I was able to get my Curve to sync my address book on my MacBook Pro through Bluetooth, but I can't get PocketMac to work. I've downloaded the driver update, etc. Still doesn't recognize it. Sooo, I have decided to sync my GoogleCalendar with my BB instead. I just need to keep it updated better than iCal. If Google and iCal would just talk together, then this wouldn't be a problem!
    05-15-08 02:31 PM
    Weird, I have had no trouble pairing or mounting my curve with my default MacBook software and nothing else. Of course, I'm on TMO, so I'm not sure how the restrictions that are typically put onto your standard VZW phones will interact. If anyone is continuing to have trouble, keep posting here and I'll happily try to research things from the Mac end of things!! Best of luck to all!
    05-15-08 03:51 PM
    I'm assuming you are running Mac OS X 10.5.x if PocketMac is not working. I have yet to find someone to get it to work under Leopard. The Missing Sync for BlackBerry ($40) works like a charm for syncing your address book, iCal, etc. I use it myself.

www. markspace.com/missingsync_blackberry.php (without the space)
    05-15-08 06:01 PM
    I'm running OS X 10.4.11

Haven't felt the need to upgrade to Leopard yet.
    05-16-08 01:49 AM
    I'm assuming you are running Mac OS X 10.5.x if PocketMac is not working. I have yet to find someone to get it to work under Leopard. The Missing Sync for BlackBerry ($40) works like a charm for syncing your address book, iCal, etc. I use it myself.

www. markspace.com/missingsync_blackberry.php (without the space)
    Pocketmac works phenomenal on my MacBook running Leopard...so you can add me to your list of people who successfully run PocketMac on a Leopard OS! I have no problem loading applications or Themes and my ICal syncs flawlessly.

I can't get my BB to mount, which has nothing to do with PocketMac. I have a USB reader, and i send stuff bluetooth style and thats OK with me!
    05-16-08 12:09 PM
    Pocketmac works phenomenal on my MacBook running Leopard...so you can add me to your list of people who successfully run PocketMac on a Leopard OS! I have no problem loading applications or Themes and my ICal syncs flawlessly.

I can't get my BB to mount, which has nothing to do with PocketMac. I have a USB reader, and i send stuff bluetooth style and thats OK with me!
    You can second that....My BB works phenomenal as well with Leopard. If you have a memory card and have it set to mass storage. When conected to your mac book an HD icon will pop on your desktop and you can drag and drop. As for bluetooth its a little time consuming because you transfering one thing at a time.
    05-16-08 12:22 PM
    Pocketmac works for me also and I am running Leopard. However, it won't recognize my phone until I do a soft reset and then I can sync.
    I can use Mass Storage mode without having to do that though.

@Renegade_Pilgrim: There are a few programs out there that will sync your iCal and Google Calendar for you, but they aren't free. BusySync (BusySync - Sync iCal and Google Calendar - from BusyMac) is one and the other is Spanning Sync (Spanning Sync - Sync iCal and Google Calendar). They both work really well, I have tried both of them. Have you ran into the problem of both of your calendars getting erased though? Or is that just me?
    05-16-08 03:24 PM
    mtohmas1987 do you have pocketmac running when you do the soft reset
    05-19-08 05:26 PM
    search through my profile posts. Its like the first or second post, I was abke to fix pocketmac sync. I still cant sync entourage 08 though.
    05-23-08 02:29 AM
    Dump PocketMac and get Missing Sync. My partner has an AT&T Curve and I have a Verizon Curve -- both sync just fine on our respective Macs without issues.
    05-24-08 07:11 PM
    Another vote for Missing Sync... works great.
    05-24-08 08:08 PM
    problems as above. sync manager seems to be working but then unexpectedly closes everytime its just about finished...nothing syncs from my mac to my pearl. using osx10.5.4. any suggestions? this is all incredibly frustrating after being so used to apple products. all i want is to transfer media files from mac to pearl but the mac won't see it when connected via usb. they see each other w/ sync manager but then it closes everytime before its done.
    10-17-08 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD