Ok, so a while ago I had a white macbook that I could connect my blackberry to no problem, got the mass storage, put music on it manually, great. I tried to figure out pocketmac but couldnt really get it going oh well.

Well...NOW I have a new computer, a macbook PRO which has NEVER mounted my mass storage, ever, not since the first day I got it, which is about the same time as I saw there was a Desktop Manager for Mac coming out soon, so I figure ok i'll just wait.....

Well i downloaded the DM this morning, restarted, and opened it....

It says HI! and asks me to plug in my BB to "get started" well, I plug in my bb expecting some new driver updates to have been apart of this lovely new program and that my BB would be recognized now, but NO

Just a charging symbol, no mass storage, no response from the DM that I plugged it in

Any ideas??? I'd love to get this thing going.
    10-08-09 11:52 AM
    Mac is 10.5.8 (snow leopard sometime soon)

BB is 4.5.0.77

Tried restarting both
    10-08-09 12:02 PM
    call RIM i had this problem with my pc but they fixed it in 5 mins with a link.
    10-08-09 12:09 PM
    Is your Mass Storage Mode enabled (Options>Media Card)?
    10-08-09 02:02 PM
    yea definitely

Mass storage is on, DM has been installed and removed and reinstalled, the BB has been reset via battery pull, I have no clue why I don't get ANY sort of response other than a charge..........
    10-08-09 04:47 PM
    Try going to DM>Device>forget device. Disconnect device quit DM..reconnect device..try again...
    10-08-09 05:24 PM
    Can't, NONE of the Desktop software options are "clickable" they are all that lightened gray menu type that you cannot select.

I dont think it is the program, it HAS to just be my Mac's ability to connect to the phone. I SHOULD pull up a media card storage on my desktop regardless of the sync software........i just dont get it

Ive tried various ports

Ive tried various USB cables.....nothing
    10-08-09 06:08 PM
    Can't, NONE of the Desktop software options are "clickable" they are all that lightened gray menu type that you cannot select.

I dont think it is the program, it HAS to just be my Mac's ability to connect to the phone. I SHOULD pull up a media card storage on my desktop regardless of the sync software........i just dont get it

Ive tried various ports

Ive tried various USB cables.....nothing
    This makes no sense....I can start DM with NO device connected. I still have the option to forget device....you have it installed wrong see screen shot
    10-08-09 06:31 PM
    no, that is because you have at some point in time, once upon a time, connected (and named) bill's BB. Thus the software knows you once did it and can "forget" the device though it is not currently connected.

Mine won't connect from the start....i'll show you

Thanks for continuing to help me

Attachment 40280

this is with the BB connected and NO recognition of the Media card either, just charging
    10-08-09 06:45 PM
    Try setting your Media Transfer Protocol Protocol to "Off" and make sure your Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode is set to "Prompt" and not "Yes".

I've never had an issue mounting my BB on my Mac but I've read that others have had success trying both of the above.

I hope it helps...
    10-08-09 06:59 PM
    im sorry but I dont know what you mean by "media transfer protocol protocol"?
    10-08-09 07:05 PM
    You can find it under Options>Memory>Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)
    10-08-09 07:09 PM
    im sorry but I dont know what you mean by "media transfer protocol protocol"?
    OK, let's try this...what usb port are you connected to? what cable are you using? What is you finder>preferences>sidebar set to?
    10-08-09 07:10 PM
    i have the same problem. there are several post with others with this problem. I tried to download the like posted to my pc and install a patch on the storm but that did not work either. Somewhere i read that it is a problem with refurbished phones. This is possible. I am using a refurb. My pc does not show the phone as a storage device either. I sent an email to rim and they told me that it was a verizon issue. If i wanted to receive support from them i would have to pay for it. I told them that was crazy. It is a desktop manager for mac problem, not a verizon problem. Still waiting for a response from them.
    10-08-09 09:49 PM
    Ok once again.....I had this problem I tried the pinstack fix and I could not figure it out...I then called vzw and explained that I have tried wiping and batt pulling...they connected me to RIM and they gave me the link to fix the prob. Just call up vzw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 10:10 PM
    going into verizon today. will see what they say.
    10-09-09 07:23 AM
    I'm not a mac user but a friend of mine is. She wants to know where she can download mac OS 10.5 so she can finally download DM and backup her bb. She has OS 10.4 on her mac now. She tried downloading 10.6 but it didn't work. Please help. Thanks.

10-09-09 09:33 AM
    I'm not a mac user but a friend of mine is. She wants to know where she can download mac OS 10.5 so she can finally download DM and backup her bb. She has OS 10.4 on her mac now. She tried downloading 10.6 but it didn't work. Please help. Thanks.

You can't "download it" You will need to buy it and it comes on a disk. She can go right to SL (10.6) and buy it for $25-29.
    10-09-09 09:53 AM
    Thanks Statman. Is it not available online?

10-09-09 09:56 AM
    Thanks Statman. Is it not available online?

No it is a major update just like Windows 7 is for Vista. It is not downloadable, at least in the legally. But if she already has the previous version, than it will only cost her something like 30 dollars.

10-09-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD