Hey Guys,

I am on a Macbook Pro 8,2 running OS X 10.8.3 and every time I try to install Blackberry Link I keep getting the same message, "The Installation Failed, the installer encountered errors, please try again". I have restarted, redownloaded (from bb site and the drive on the bb 10 device). Anybody have a clue what I can do to fix this?

This is from the installer log:
    May 9 19:43:56 Steves-WiFi.local installd[463]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “BlackBerry Desktop Software.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fcb6e90ab90 {NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/BlackBerry%20Link/Install%20BlackBerry%20Link.app/Contents/Resources/BlackBerry%20Desktop%20Software.pkg#blackberryfram eworks.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.rim.drivers.BlackBe rryFrameworks.pkg, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “BlackBerry Desktop Software.pkg”.} {
    NSFilePath = "./preinstall";
    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cBlackBerry Desktop Software.pkg\U201d.";
    NSURL = "file://localhost/Volumes/BlackBerry%20Link/Install%20BlackBerry%20Link.app/Contents/Resources/BlackBerry%20Desktop%20Software.pkg#blackberryfram eworks.pkg";
    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.rim.drivers.BlackBerryFrameworks.pkg";
    }

Thanks in advance
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Macbook Pro Blackberry Link Installation Fail-screen-shot-2013-05-09-7.27.46-pm.png  
    05-09-13 06:41 PM
    System Preferences, Security & Privacy, you've enabled install from "anywhere" right?
    ^ I figured you have but since you didn't state it just wondering. Also you're installing using an Admin account or regular user?
    05-20-13 05:59 PM
    same problem for me......please help me sir
    07-17-14 12:05 AM
    everyone's hacked
    05-06-18 09:54 AM
    Perhaps the problem is that with 10.13.4 there's only two options in Security and Privacy: Download Apps downloaded from:

App Store
    App Store and identified developers.

i.e. there's no "anywhere" option.

Link and Blend used to work for me on 10.13.4 (installed in an older version and kept upgrading the OS) but I had to reinstall from scratch and they no longer do.
    05-07-18 11:23 AM
    Follow up, more ideas:

1. Disable gatekeeper to install BlackBerry 10 Desktop Software; re-enable gatekeeper. This is precisely the sort of thing that has long messed up Windows, and since I just spent hours and hours reinstalling macos from scratch, it's not something I feel like experimenting with; but perhaps someone else wants to and tell of their adventures.

2. I was thinking of using a Mac Mini forever stuck in 10.6 for BB software; but it doesn't seem very hard to run an older MacOS inside High Sierra as a virtual machine, I'm seeing a tutorial with Parallels Lite, for free.
    05-07-18 11:41 AM
    Hi,

You could use the application "Ultimate Backup for BlackBerry 10" for backing up your device's contents.

It will run natively on your phone.There will be no need to use a computer or mac.

Ultimate Backup is available and well supported by us.

You could purchase the application from our website runisoft.com

After visiting the website, please look for the "Buy Now" button.

Please let us know on support@runisoft.com if you have any questions.

Regards
    Support Team
    Runisoft Ltd.
    06-14-18 02:46 AM